Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been fishing this area? Not Brandenburg, but the park right by the water tower. My day is going to end right in that area tomorrow and I will only have a little time to get out before dark. I have not had much luck at Brandenburg and just may give it a shot.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hey a buddy of mine said he and a few others have slammed some nice jumbos over there recently. I dont know exactly where it is, but I'd be willing to find out and give it a shot. They said not alot of people fishing there either.

Good luck.......light 'em up man.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Do me a favor and post up results. Last year in late January and early February my wife and I did well there; best day 44 real nice fish. I've been once this year and got skunked. It's a bad place for a walker like me, to long of a hike to the water. I'd go if I knew the fish were moving in though!! Looking forward to getting back there and get away from the Geno's crowd. They just had their annual ice weekend out there last week. Heard of some nice perch on the rack.

·
Super Moderator
37,679 Posts
About 1/4 mile east of the park is a long string of old pilings, fish them around dark for Crappie.(lots of other pilings out there, but I mean the longest string from an old wide dock)

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not much to report. Started at 4:00 in about 8'. Worked my way back in and moved five times. Thought I was going to be shut-out until the last few minutes. Caught six in about ten minutes. Two would have been worth keeping. I went straight out from the park. Only one other guy out and he got eight. Kind of nice not having the masses around after fishing Ginos and SANG but I like fish frys!!! Thanks for the info guys. I may try it again since I have a little work in that area. BTW, I have been to Archers and Anglers on 23 mile twice for bait this year and he gives a great minnow count. Bought a dozen and came away w/ at least three dozen, unlike another bait shop that I have hit that counts them out.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Thats the place I posted on a few weeks ago.....he also sells by the scoop for 3 bucks....!!!! And he makes sure you get more than your moneys worth everytime. I go outa my way to get my minnows there the night before I go and keep them on an aerator in the garage

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'beoutside
I will be out there with my daughters saterday,will have the green honda 4x4. Stop bye and say hi will let you know how we are doing. I am heading to Geno's tomorrow but not with them due to the hi winds will post how I do.

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
Hats off to Anglers and Archers here too! He was nice enough to provide us with all our bait for free when we did the Filming with Michigan Out of Doors TV last weekend! Thanks Again!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Hope Steve Jones at Pro Sports is reading this...Maybe he'll stop counting 'em...:mad:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Amen Connor, I did not want to mention names but that is a little ridiculous. He has time to count because there is not a line. He has a great location and does not seem to care. I thanked the owner @ Anglers for the count and told him w/ out mention of any site names what kind of good pr he gets and he seemed VERY thankful. I hope to due a little better planning in the future and pick up my minnows the day before if needed. Dave... don't think I will be out until next week but hope you find some fish.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Pro sports - A week ago, I spent $10 buck for minnows so I could fish the whole next day. I was lucky If I could fish 3 hrs with what he gave me. It ticked me off. He stated "yea that's 3 dz. its what you get " I don't mind putting the shop name on the net. I kinda feel he ripped me off! I'll even put the location Jefferson by the new Dnr launch. Go to Metro party store or Archers.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It will catch up to him sooner or later. It may be the last time I stop there or am allowed in there but I will hit that place one more time and make mention of his "bakers dozen".

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
IMO, the best spot for minnows (and I think I have shopped them all) is Beach way party shop.. It is on jefferson, just N of Shook, 1/3 mile south of the crocker launch. It is next to carlos pizza and across the street from 7/11. She only charges 2 a dozen and the counts have always been outstanding!! 1 doz is probably like 60 minnows.

Open at 6 on the weekends, 7am the rest of the week.

·
Registered
900 Posts
slammer

I've been getting my bait there all winter. They do treat the fisherman pretty well there. Last weekend when I talked to the kid that works nights, he said that they opened at 7 on the weekends though.

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
The owner said that she had been opening at 7am, but was going to start at 6am on the weekends for the rest of the IF season. This was last sun when I was chatting with her.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Slammer

Thanks for the info, the kid must've told her that 7 is alittle late to get the bait. I've been getting mine on Friday nights.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by Ed Michrina
Pro sports - A week ago, I spent $10 buck for minnows so I could fish the whole next day. I was lucky If I could fish 3 hrs with what he gave me. It ticked me off. He stated "yea that's 3 dz. its what you get " I don't mind putting the shop name on the net. I kinda feel he ripped me off! I'll even put the location Jefferson by the new Dnr launch. Go to Metro party store or Archers.

$10 for 3 dozen minnows????? Were these perch minnows Ed or did you get some bigger ones for some eyes as well?

Maybe the price down there is higher due to the close proximity of LSC, but geez. I bought 3 dozen perch minnows at the Grab Bag in Davison for .94/dozen on the Saturday before the LSC outing. It looked like there were 5 dozen in there and not one of them died in the bucket. I didn't do anything other than drag them all over LSC on Sunday.

You guys are getting ripped down there.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Looks like this thread took a different topic, but anyway, I remember going up to Caseville a few years back and getting 2 dozen for $1.00...And that consisted of about 8-10 dozen...Maybe Jeremy L. will read this and tell us what they run for up there now...

·
Registered
900 Posts
Originally posted by DuckMan
You guys are getting ripped down there.
I refuse to buy bait from Steve, I either get it from Beechway or Metro party Shop. Even then minnows are at least $2/ dz and $2.75 at Metro, which is fine as long as there is at least a dozen minnows in the bucket:(

Bait is alot by LSC, I stopped at Wellmans in Oscoda a month ago for wigglers and was surprised that they were $1/dz at least thats what he call the pile he gave me. Had to be at 3 dz for a buck. Its real easy to pay a little more for tackle when you get good counts on bait.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts