Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E9A7194C-ADA6-48CB-A694-FF9BDD427A9E.jpeg D1ED4D73-5DBF-4AC4-B4DF-0C8EB0CA493E.jpeg 0701FD70-154E-48A4-B809-C7A1550E3BA4.jpeg the track for 30-40 mins and then went silent, Wasn’t looking good , so we drove on the back side of the mountain to see if can pick up the track there , We drove around and seen nothing so lion had to be up there right??? So we drove back to truck and got two other dogs just in case we needed them and drove back to last location we heard the dogs and they were pretty quit , so we just wait for 10-15 mins and all of a sudden the dog lit up and and in 5-10 mins there were treeing “ Hole Lee crap “ here we go, luckily they treed not to far from us but it was straight up climb , So when I finally got my fat A$$ up there , There was the lion up a little tree about 25 feet up, I could see right away that it was no Monster of a cat , Guide said looks like a young Tom no more then 2 years old .... so I had a decision to make ... I had 4 more days to hunt .. but it took 3 days to find this track? Will we find a other fresh track ? Next two days was going to lose somme snow in the high 30’s .... But might get a storm... Who knows right??.... So I thought to myself I Came out here to hopefully kill one not hopefully kill a trophy.... So I ended the hunt .. Dnr said he probably 2 years old ... I’m happy and glad I got to experience this hunt ... I’m not sick yet but I fly back today and might get a hotel room for a few days at home and see what happens out of respect for my wife and son

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Half of my story is missing sorry about that not sure what happened

·
Registered
892 Posts
Awesome!!! Congrats on the beautiful cat! What does a 2 year old Tom weigh, 80-100lbs? Also, what are your taxidermy plans?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Congrats. What part of the state?

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
View attachment 628407 View attachment 628405 View attachment 628403 the track for 30-40 mins and then went silent, Wasn’t looking good , so we drove on the back side of the mountain to see if can pick up the track there , We drove around and seen nothing so lion had to be up there right??? So we drove back to truck and got two other dogs just in case we needed them and drove back to last location we heard the dogs and they were pretty quit , so we just wait for 10-15 mins and all of a sudden the dog lit up and and in 5-10 mins there were treeing “ Hole Lee crap “ here we go, luckily they treed not to far from us but it was straight up climb , So when I finally got my fat A$$ up there , There was the lion up a little tree about 25 feet up, I could see right away that it was no Monster of a cat , Guide said looks like a young Tom no more then 2 years old .... so I had a decision to make ... I had 4 more days to hunt .. but it took 3 days to find this track? Will we find a other fresh track ? Next two days was going to lose somme snow in the high 30’s .... But might get a storm... Who knows right??.... So I thought to myself I Came out here to hopefully kill one not hopefully kill a trophy.... So I ended the hunt .. Dnr said he probably 2 years old ... I’m happy and glad I got to experience this hunt ... I’m not sick yet but I fly back today and might get a hotel room for a few days at home and see what happens out of respect for my wife and son
Congratulations! Nice pics.

·
Registered
982 Posts
View attachment 628407 View attachment 628405 View attachment 628403 the track for 30-40 mins and then went silent, Wasn’t looking good , so we drove on the back side of the mountain to see if can pick up the track there , We drove around and seen nothing so lion had to be up there right??? So we drove back to truck and got two other dogs just in case we needed them and drove back to last location we heard the dogs and they were pretty quit , so we just wait for 10-15 mins and all of a sudden the dog lit up and and in 5-10 mins there were treeing “ Hole Lee crap “ here we go, luckily they treed not to far from us but it was straight up climb , So when I finally got my fat A$$ up there , There was the lion up a little tree about 25 feet up, I could see right away that it was no Monster of a cat , Guide said looks like a young Tom no more then 2 years old .... so I had a decision to make ... I had 4 more days to hunt .. but it took 3 days to find this track? Will we find a other fresh track ? Next two days was going to lose somme snow in the high 30’s .... But might get a storm... Who knows right??.... So I thought to myself I Came out here to hopefully kill one not hopefully kill a trophy.... So I ended the hunt .. Dnr said he probably 2 years old ... I’m happy and glad I got to experience this hunt ... I’m not sick yet but I fly back today and might get a hotel room for a few days at home and see what happens out of respect for my wife and son
Awesome, and congratulations! Once of my dream hunts for sure.

What were you hunting with, and how did it perform on Mr. Kitty Cat?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome, and congratulations! Once of my dream hunts for sure.

What were you hunting with, and how did it perform on Mr. Kitty Cat?
I used the Guides gun , He had a 22-250 and it work great , Dead cat and only one hole , less hind Damage

1 - 10 of 10 Posts