Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
361 - 380 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
Whitetails and Steelhead
2,224 Posts
Dude: Fat floats.

It's a natural fact.

Regarding the OP, it seems a likely rumor to foster fears of technology and play upon paranoia.

I'm a luddite when it comes to using or installing apps on my phone.

I'll probably just report any whitetails I harvested using a website and a browser on a laptop.
Okay, then she could be the float that buoyed the off shore anchor

·
Registered
14,261 Posts
uh, that's not baiting.. that's "food plotting"
More importantly I think my neighbor is baiting so I just need to pull them back to this side of the line. I heard a rumor about how many they shot last year and if it's even close it's too many. Found a dead buck a few weeks ago shot early October too and It's there's.... There was an offer to give it back if the hunter put his tag on it but it wasn't big enough...

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
that's sad. for years we competed with a "shooter" for the cattle farmer to our south. he got block permits and would take 20+ deer off that lot a year. the last 4 years of hunting the farm, the farmer stopped farming, and those deer weren't being taken anymore. We started seeing the impact of those 20+ not being taken by year 3 when we would have 10+ deer sightings a sit, vs 3 sightings in 3 days

·
Registered
Whitetails and Steelhead
2,224 Posts
Not my dog....must be neighbors going to have to find the owner and get some money from him for feeding his dog these carrots are strictly for deer. I bought them at a local station and they specifically said DEER FEED not dog or rabbits false advertising.
Well I must say if Deer ain’t coming to that pile at all then there ain’t Deer around, lol

·
Registered
5,410 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
The feed store by me has semi truck loads of beets and carrots for sale. Probably less than 1 percent of it ends up in the UP.
If you are hunting state land a good idea may be to hunt close to private land that boarders the private. If there is an unusual large amount of deer tracks you know what is going on.
You mean like this?
Public land near the private border.
Snow Nature Branch Natural landscape Plant

Sent from my SM-S908U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
5,961 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,485 Posts
Good post. There's not more to it. The community is changing and I don't think in a good way. Plenty of us still hunt for the traditions and the meat. Don't run cameras and food plots and have land that we can manipulate how ever we want. The guy with 400 acres, food plots, and an endless bankroll wants to look down on guys who want to just go plop down and shoot whatever. He is a lazy slob hunter because he didn't do a bunch of work.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
This describes my deer hunting. 10 acres out back that I don't hunt, and then 40 acres an hour away. No plots, no cameras, nothing high tech. Between work, kids, and fishing, I just don't have (or choose to make) the time to spend on developing habitat. I still like to go out for a couple hunts each year, but at this point will only shoot a trophy. Which I will probably never see. I may get back into meat hunting at some point when the vegans take over, and maybe start plotting when I retire. Until then, I would like to be able to dump some bait in a couple spots if for nothing more then viewing.

There are ZERO federal laws about overflying below 400', and overflying above 400' is absolutely legal (but FAA regulated).

In Michigan harassing others, or invading another’s privacy with a drone is illegal - but precedent hasn't really defined "invading privacy" for drones... and if it's largely defined the same as normal privacy invasion, mere overflight will be perfectly legal.
FAA rules will tell you all you need to know. Just like it's illegal for you to shoot down a drone flying over your land.
Now, if I take pictures? That MAY be an illegal invasion of privacy, depending on the picture in question and how the court rules.
I think that if they are below 400 feet, we should be able to shoot them down. At least those of us that live in areas where we can legally shoot from our property. Time to change the law.

Even though my trailers are all locked up, I don't like the ability for criminals to scout out my various boats and other toys that are not stored in the regular public's line of sight. Bad enough we can all check out satellite imagery on Google and the like to get a rough idea what our neighbors are doing on their property.

361 - 380 of 416 Posts