Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
341 - 360 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
My brother works part time at a local deer processer,you wouldn't believe the guys that openly brag about using bait. Its like almost everyone around here does it so no biggie. I'd get caught if I threw a dam apple core out. That's my type of luck lol.
I am very surprised too, when someone tells me they are I just scratch my head. Your business but I am not going to shed a tear if you get busted friend or not. My luck says this too stickbow shooter. Bait free since 2012 and loving it jerry.

·
Registered
17,201 Posts
The VA tries to address them, but PTSD is a real Bitch for some and manageable for others, for me it was accepting the things I did that was key, some take longer to get there. I was there for 6 and a half years and after the 2nd year I felt I was home(in country),didn’t want to leave, between year 2 to year 5 I didn’t take leave, just stayed in Country. Was to the point that I had never felt more at home than the Afghan Mountains, slept like a baby. I think he never accepted being there, and 3years took its toll.
Thank you for your service !

·
Registered
14,261 Posts

·
Registered
14,261 Posts
I skipped the location portion because it wasnt required.. it just dropped a pin where i was! My living room next to my bait pile.

County should be all that is needed..
Not to split hairs but a counties deer population can vary by quite a lot. If the numbers are going to mean anything they need to be "close to accurate". Splitting the county into 4 or 6 sections might help.

Reactions: kingfisher 11

·
Registered
23,310 Posts
Not to split hairs but a counties deer population can vary by quite a lot. If the numbers are going to mean anything they need to be "close to accurate". Splitting the county into 4 or 6 sections might help.
Heck I pinpointed my last kill so well it's right on the X I was setting on!
So far no stampede of state employees , federal agencies or trespassers. No drone or aircraft yesterday. ( I wasn't out there all last night though...)

Not seeing the deer I anticipated by now. Maybe there's a leak in the D.N.R. that warned them where I was hunting?

·
49,098 Posts
Heck I pinpointed my last kill so well it's right on the X I was setting on!
So far no stampede of state employees , federal agencies or trespassers. No drone or aircraft yesterday. ( I wasn't out there all last night though...)

Not seeing the deer I anticipated by now. Maybe there's a leak in the D.N.R. that warned them where I was hunting?
You're supposed to pin where the deer stood for the shot :p

·
Registered
23,310 Posts
You're supposed to pin where the deer stood for the shot :p
While I didn't have to lean backwards to shoot it , for location purposes it's within a pretty small margin.
But thanks for the clarification. I'd hoped I wasn't supposed to mark where it fell....
(Wait , was that a siren?)

·
49,098 Posts
While I didn't have to lean backwards to shoot it , for location purposes it's within a pretty small margin.
But thanks for the clarification. I'd hoped I wasn't supposed to mark where it fell....
(Wait , was that a siren?)
The idea is to know where deer live not die. Heck if I have to mark where it died on the neighbors property, the CO might be knocking on his door!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Font Document Parallel Paper Number

I'm not sure why everyone thinks feeding deer is legal in the lower peninsula. Everything I read says otherwise...the 100 feet from residence is for the UP where baiting and feeding are not banned. IDC what you all do bait or don't bait. I enjoy food plotting and creating habitat just as much as I do hunting so I'm going to stick with that. But where im from snitches get stitches so if I catch you baiting......I couldn't care less 🤣

·
Registered
23,310 Posts
The idea is to know where deer live not die. Heck if I have to mark where it died on the neighbors property, the CO might be knocking on his door!
Hmmm. My nearest to where I hunt's neighbors buck kill might be going up soon then...
And he don't even hunt !
(Let's see him try to claim that instead of having bought tags.)

·
Registered
Whitetails and Steelhead
2,222 Posts
View attachment 868363
I'm not sure why everyone thinks feeding deer is legal in the lower peninsula. Everything I read says otherwise...the 110 feet from residence is for the UP where baiting and feeding are not banned. IDC what you all do bait or don't bait. I enjoy food plotting and creating habitat just as much as I do hunting so I'm going to stick with that. But where im from snitches get stitches so if I catch you baiting......I couldn't care less 🤣
Same here, I’m not into baiting and never have been, don’t care if someone else does it as long as it’s not on my property, that said, I do plant some spring/summer and late season plots to feed, and have some AG cash crops, don’t really give a rats azz if the fools call it the same as they don’t know what there talking about, I agree though, Dad used to say no one likes a tattletale and snitches get stiches also.

·
Registered
14,261 Posts
I'm thinking about baiting to attract deer to my side of the line because my neighbor shoots too many. Not even worried about the bucks, he's not a good hunter but he kills too many does. Probably with bait.

Any suggestions? Sorghum? I l like the cover + feed with sorghum and I don't have a planter for row crops.

Reactions: Sunshinetim

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
She would make a good boat anchor though

Dude: Fat floats.

It's a natural fact.

Regarding the OP, it seems a likely rumor to foster fears of technology and play upon paranoia.

I'm a luddite when it comes to using or installing apps on my phone.

I'll probably just report any whitetails I've harvested using a website and a browser on a laptop.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I'm thinking about baiting to attract deer to my side of the line because my neighbor shoots too many. Not even worried about the bucks, he's not a good hunter but he kills too many does. Probably with bait.

Any suggestions? Sorghum? I l like the cover + feed with sorghum and I don't have a planter for row crops.
uh, that's not baiting.. that's "food plotting"

341 - 360 of 416 Posts