Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 416 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the locals got caught hunting over bait last night. Also had a couple non tagged deer hanging. The dnr took the deer. We’re wondering how they got caught. Any ideas? It’s almost like the dnr waited until they had gotten deer to make the bust. We will probably talk w them later to get some details.

·
49,157 Posts
We’re we’re thinking this too. Maybe someone from their group said something to the wrong person while picking up beer, etc.

One of the deer was a 10 pt too.
Well there's evidence they didn't actually hunt over bait. 10 points don't go to bait.

Probably told someone about their deer as they purchased a bag of bait LOL

·
Premium Member
8,251 Posts
Wonder if the punishment will be enough to make them stop.
Never has been enough to discourage the low life types yet, cheaters will always find a way to gain an advantage even if caught.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Where I live a Felon without gun/hunting rights put his Big Buck on Facebook last year. Big mistake. I kinda doubt the local CO or even his PO were explicitly monitoring his Social Media or anything. But his many neighbors likely were, cuz he was being a complete ass about access to a 240 acre parcel in the neighborhood owned by a non-hunting, out-of-state landowner who only wants one simple thing from the neighbors, going back decades: no phone calls.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
I was hoping that the local bust was on the bi weekly report. Guy took a big one down and took a second one down over bait at the same place. Surprise, he did not do a Russian and look up. All on video footage from a drome. He knows he is in shixs creek, over 30k on this one. I do not know if it was a DNR drome or a neighbor.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
I can't figure out why anybody would post a picture on a public forum, of an illegal kill, or talk to anybody about it. Just being a blow heart, or they really don't care.
That would be like me if I was to post a picture of a wolf hanging in my fur shed, and I take a picture, and post it in the trapping forum, just asking for problems. In fact just yesterday the wife took picture of her catch, and after I posted it I noticed she didn't have her otter tag on it. Told her to go back out and fill out the tag and get it on the otter, and never take a picture again without the tag showing when it is hanging in the fur shed. She understood and just forgot.

·
Premium Member
13,959 Posts
I was hoping that the local bust was on the bi weekly report. Guy took a big one down and took a second one down over bait at the same place. Surprise, he did not do a Russian and look up. All on video footage from a drome. He knows he is in ships creek, over 30k on this one. I do not know if it was a DNR drome or a neighbor.
If it was a private drone, will it be admissible as evidence? Will it make the entire search and seizure inadmissible? Hopefully it was the DNR's drone.

1 - 20 of 416 Posts