Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, being that Mike's hrs at work been all *crappy* all year and they were talking layoff's already, he decided to go back on the road to work.:(
He will have less Stress (no yelling from the Boss anymore) he is on salery (sp). And will get Bonuses so we know its better then what he was making. Its just hard he will be out 6 weeks and home for 10 days. I know it could be worse, just asking for Prayers to make it a bit easer.

We never been apart really, so this is really hard for us. The Kids are *ok* with him back outon the road, but also having rough time with it, trying so hard to be a grown up for this. Its just much different here now with Hunting comming up Luke having a rough time just because Mom gets up makes BIG breakfast for the 2 of them and they head off with a Lunchbox full of goodies and now there is just Luke. The other two just miss him period... its funny how some little things that use to kinda get my nervs now I miss them.. :sad:
Just asking for prayers to keep strong and nothing breaks on the HOUSE !!!

thanks .....

or maybe I just needed to type all this out ... if I dont make any sense, maybe say a Prayer just to keep it all together !:dizzy:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
My brother-in-law had to do the same thing.
He lost his job in construction and went to school to become a truck driver. He does long distance deliveries.
It tough on his family. His youngest son lost a leg recently and needs a lot of expensive care along with different prosthesis that fits properly. I have to give him a lot of credit as well as Mike. Instead of sitting at home and worrying on how to make thing work they just decided to just do it. Good for them.
Hopefully things will turn around soon and he can get back to the family life you expect. You and many others are in this same boat, we can all survive if we just put are faith in the Lord and keep on trying. One of the main things I have to pray for is Gods intervention. We may all have to suffer a little but Gods way, no matter what that is, must and will prevail. Keep your faith and remember to pray that these tough times will pass.
God Bless

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Kind words. Mike is not a driver tho , he is a Sup/Foreman for a Crew for putting up celluar towers.

They are SO busy which is great BUT means he will be gone 6 weeks ...

I know he rather be here and I know he does this for us .... so i wont whine or complain, and he will be spoiled 100% when he gets home :)

Its not easy doing this, specially not the first few days/weeks.. But I am told it gets easer just waiting for the *easier* part.

·
Premium Member
7,379 Posts
Prayers for strength - and if it helps, think of all of the fine women waiting for their men to come home from harms way - gone a year - and not knowing or hearing from them sometimes for weeks -

God will provide you with the comfort and strength you require, trust Him.

ferg....

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Dear father GOD,....

I pray for all the poeple in this world that are going through tuff times right now. I pray for peace on earth. I pray for a better economy for all.
I pray that the world leaders will lead us into better days. May all are hardships be a pathway to peace. Let us trust that you will make all things right if we surrender to your will.

AMEN

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with you and the children.I had to do a similar thing in the early eighties. I missed my family, and was a tough time for us all. but we came through it ok as you will too.:)

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,339 Posts
Relax Jasmin!!!

God always takes care - and everything happens for a reason.
Sometimes we may not understand at first.
BTW Go buy a lottery ticket!
;)

RAS

1 - 10 of 10 Posts