Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 83' atc 200e. the threads on the axle housing are stripped out and the front forks are in bad shape. i would like to buy an atc for parts. if any one has anything like it let me know.

email- [email protected]

thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the problem is with the axlehousing. where it bolts to the frame, the holes are stripped so i need a new housing and the bolts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Not sure if this would help, but I saw a honda 185 for sale in the Midland Daily News 2 days ago. You could try the net to see if it's on there.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have an old big red 250 I could part with. I ran great. Then something happened to the electrical system and I can't get any spark now.

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
how bad are the holes stripped? you can heli-coil stripped holes. They even sell kits are your local harbor freight, or performance tool.

It is a really simple procedure and super strong as good as new, or even better than new.

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Most of those housings are an aluminum alloy. You can looking into getting the holes welded up then drill and retap them. Without being able to see it I'm not sure, this is only a suggestion but can you drill out the hole and use a nut and bolt throught the frame and housing?

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Ya like Burksee said, that is a good idea too. I would go that route rather than switch everything over (only to have the same problem again).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanx for the advice guys. i just finished drilling and taping. worked great and i changed the bolts to 1/2" so if i should loose one it will be easier to replace.

thank again for the help and the money i saved!
now i can go fishin this weekend!!!:)

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Cheez,

Glad to hear you were able to "fix" it.

Tip #2: To add some strength to your new threads it might be a good idea to add a little loctite to the threads of those bolts. In your situation I'd recommend using the "red" stuff, (stud & bearing mount) its stronger than the blue. If you do have to take it apart again it will come apart with a little heat from a propane torch. I'd also recommend & make sure you use a lock washer on those bolts as well. Happy Motoring! :D

·
Registered
323 Posts
Thanks to all who inquired about the Big Red. It's gone ........My brother found out I was gonna sell it and was gonna kill me he's comming to get it today.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts