Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( Due our upcoming foreclosure I am looking to lease a place hopefully close to hunting and fishing for the next 2 to 3 years with an option to buy after that. it doesnt have to be a big place. we have to be out by november so I'm starting to look now.

PM me with anything from southern Texas to the U.P. :idea:

Dave

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
:( Due our upcoming foreclosure I am looking to lease a place hopefully close to hunting and fishing for the next 2 to 3 years with an option to buy after that. it doesnt have to be a big place. we have to be out by november so I'm starting to look now.

PM me with anything from southern Texas to the U.P. :idea:

Dave

How about my 50? It's just North of Harrison. You can do a search of my posting and get a lot of info + pictures of the 50. I will lease it with option to buy. Jim.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Being in the mortgage industry myself there are plenty of reasons people foreclose.. Increased rates, loss of income, increased property taxes which are al unexpected so to post a comment like the one you posted Oberon without knowing anything about this guy is a bit rude and inconsiderate.. Alot of people go through hard times and I dont know the first thing about you but if you have ever owned a home in Michigan's fabulous housing market I dont think you would have posted that. In many other states people can rely on increased values and leverage the equity in their homes to get back on track and in Michigan a house you bought 3 years ago is certainly not worth what you paid for it 3 years ago.

I have seen a few guys on here go through the same thing and its a real downer and this guy could proabably use a pick me up rather than to be thrown on the ground and have mud smeared on his face.

Contact a realtor in your area or look in the local paper for leases.. I believe their are several places online you can look as well!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
That is a LOW blow. I make a lot of posts jokin around with people but there is a definite line and something like that; serious or not you DONT MESS WITH. Do you know his situation?

I would also check with you local realtors and there are several independent magazines that can be found where people post what they are trying to sell/lease, my uncle found a nice piece of property that way and it turns out that it is cheaper to run an add in that paper than to pay a realor. If I can remember the name I'll post it for you.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Dave, you may want to also try craigslist in your area. You could even do a "wanted to rent/lease" post there.

I'm a survior of a broken neck who was off work for 18+ months. I can tell you that what ever position you're in, both positive or negative, it's just temporary and things WILL get better. Good luck on the housing search.

Keep your chin up-
Rob

·
Registered
658 Posts
HarleyDHawger - I apologize for that comment I posted earlier. I do not know you or your current situation and that was uncalled for on my behalf. Take care and I hope that you find a place to lease in the near future!

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
HarleyDHawger - I apologize for that comment I posted earlier. I do not know you or your current situation and that was uncalled for on my behalf. Take care and I hope that you find a place to lease in the near future!
And Thank You OberRON!

I was hoping to see that! And if I come across anything Harley I will certainly let you know!

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Harley is there a specific areas you are looking at? Are you pretty much open and changing jobs as well? Just trying to get a fix on if you really want to relocate or not.

Check with the banks, sounds odd, but give it a shot. As these houses are getting taken away, they are screwing themselves in the process. Once people are out of the house, the criminals are coming in and gutting them for scrap metals. Rumor is the banks are starting to look more at the not so credit worthy and leases to keep their investments from being destroyed by the bottom feeders.

Whatever you do, hope all turns out well for you sooner rather then later.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
When it rains it pours, The wife and I are both retired, Closed out our 401ks to keep this place but still couldn't afford it any longer. Then got sued and the wife has some major medical problems and now were soon to be homeless. And now our Daughter is getting divorced after hubby broke her back and leg. and shes planning to move back in with us. hoping to keep the grand kids in the Plymouth School District. but I'm not worried about that. Need a roof over our heads for the next couple of winters and if it is near hunting and fishing, well thats why I want to hopefully pick up on an option to buy after the mortgage company desides on if they want to come after us for whatever the short sale doesn't cover.

I'm Not asking for a hand out or sympathy or anything like that. I'm hoping to find a place to live. If it's close to hunting and fishing that'll help with our groceries and if it can help someone else, from losing everything that they have worked all their lives for by paying them rent by them having some more money coming in every month then it's a good thing for all.

·
Registered
9,776 Posts
let me contact my lawyer, i own a house in the thumb (3 bedroom). it doesn't include acreage but it may be an option (i have to speak with my lawyer and see if its worth it). do you have a perspective budget in mind?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We have a plan, of staying with payments of approx. 25% of our monthly Pay, that should allow us to save enough for a down payment when we find out if the mortgage company dis ides what there going to do. keep utilities and Groceries within 25% and Misc. costs stay below 15%. This should allow us to squirrel away about 1000 to 1500 a month. and If I can grow a good size garden next year we might even be able to save more. We're going to look at a couple of places in Lavonia, and Canton tomorrow, the places we have looked at so far, exceeds our budget almost 20% and were still looking so were trying to hold tight to our budget.

Dave

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
I hope you find a place soon. keep us informed as to how you and the family are doing. :) If it comes down to you have no place to go, pm me and I will make sure you have a place to at least stay untill you find a place..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just signed a lease in Lavonia, maybe things are starting to look up for us, even though were moving south.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Dave

1 - 19 of 19 Posts