Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys working right now won't be home till late I want to get out so bad was thinking of going out for a night fish was just wondering if anybody has been on the river and how the current is this a good idea or a waste of time
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
not sure how late you are getting out but I have found that there is a midnite bite on that river...lasts for a short time, but can and do catch fish...and it seems the bigger the bait the better

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I would be careful going out on the river right now in the dark, lots of thin and slushy spots. I have been known to catch a few after 8pm. I have never stuck around past 10pm though.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking indy it seems to keep good ice there as long as you don't go out to far I'm thinking about 10 fow is that to shallow
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
indy off the launch area gets to be 19'fow of really quick.....dont know how the ice is there at ALL, but I am just saying you dont necessarilly have to go to the channel for an evening/late night bite

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys I'm going to give it a try I will give a report when I get back
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I'm about to leave caught 2 6 inchers not the hogs I was hoping for but it was still fun didn't go out far only about 8 fow looked a little scary out any farther oh well still felt good pullin up the little guys.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 9 of 9 Posts