Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some HT cleats to try this year and a friend said I should Lock-tight the little bolts in place. I'm not so sure that superglue is the best method. Who else has used sheet metal type screws for their boots and do you need an adhesive to keep them from coming loose and falling out?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I actually just screwed some sheet metal screws into the heels of my mickeys. Have the cheap frabill slip on ice cleats which just cover the toe and ball of your foot area, last year I fell a couple times from walking in my heels. Tried them out today and the screws worked great!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
861 Posts
You would probably do more harm removing them. Just use them......
If you get two years out of them, its a win.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I put some #8 Hex Head 3/8 long in my Muck boots 2 years ago and they worked GREAT !!! Just remember to take your boots off before coming into the house HA HA .

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put some #8 Hex Head 3/8 long in my Muck boots 2 years ago and they worked GREAT !!! Just remember to take your boots off before coming into the house HA HA .
Yeah, I don't want to tear up the carpet in my car either. plan to put on and take off right at the lakes. thanks for reminder :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Second outing I had 2 screws come out. Definitely going to thread lock them in before the weekend. Will nail polish really work or am I being tested?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I've had a pair for 8 years only lost a couple of screws, a bag of replacement is 6.95 from ht, if you use glue to lock in use a rubber based contact cement such as barges or gorilla glue, needs to stay flexible not to separate from the rubber.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for suggestions. Was looking at automotive thread stuff from lock tight. Maybe adding washers between the rubber and bolt heads. Bolt heads sink down into rubber and washers would displace the pressure more evenly however I'm unsure if I'll lose grip from covering the rubber that way since bolt heads stick out past it anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 13 of 13 Posts