Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right guys, I need some help. As some of you might have realized (ok, maybe you didn't) I have not been posting any reports this year. Well, I have been commuting to Arkansas every week for work and have not had the boat on the big lake yet this year.

That being said, trapping season is coming quickly and I have zero salmon bellies in the freezer for bait. SO, does anyone want to help out and save me up 2 or 3 ... or 4 gallon ziploc bags of salmon bellies????:help: If you want to wack the pec fins off great, if not I'll do it when I thaw and grind them. Hopefully, I can find someone close to Fremont ... but I am traveling back from the GR Airport every Friday.

So, lets hear it ... who wants to save some salmon bellies?:dizzy::lol: I would be VERY greatful.:gaga:

·
Registered
623 Posts
What parts to you want? just the bellies or the guts also. I live in Allendale. I don't catch alot of fish but would like to help out a guy that gave excellent advice to me when I was starting the big lake fishing.

Ed

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Arrrgh!

I just put 10 frozen salmon carcasses in my garbage for pick up this morning.

I live in White Cloud & work in Fremont, so I'll start saving the belly scraps from here on out for you.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bellies? Grinder? I'm fishing Labor Day. Give me a call if you want to go out.
Yep, salmon bellies ground up, a little fish oil, shellfish oil, cherry oil, anise oil, salt, and a dose of beaver castor ... just the smell gives me a warm fuzzy fealing.:D

You fishing the entire weekend Tom? Have to be in Clare on Sat (sister & family are coming to town) but I could probably sneak away on Sun or Mon. I'll be working in Minn/St. Paul the next couple weeks ... so I'll also have to check and see what days I'm travelling.

What parts to you want? just the bellies or the guts also.
Just the belly meat, skin & all ... I can't have my trapping bait all stinky smelling like guts.:lol::lol:

Arrrgh!

I just put 10 frozen salmon carcasses in my garbage for pick up this morning.

I live in White Cloud & work in Fremont, so I'll start saving the belly scraps from here on out for you.
Steve - That would be GREAT. Like I said don't worry about the skin (skin is good) and if you want to bother wacking the pec fins off great ... if not I will get them as I grind. With our locations ... I was hoping you'd chime in here.;)

Kozlov - I think syonker has me taken care of. But if I come up short I'll give a holler back. AND thanks for the offer!!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I have one small ZipLoc from a 5# king in the freezer sans pect fins.

Do you want it now or do you want me to keep it in "reserve" until I get a larger quantity? I have the freezer space to keep it, so I'm in no hurry exchange it.

(My next salmon trip won't be until Labor Day or so.)

You can email at: [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts