Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a new-to-me bow this week and I've got to decide between the following:
Mission Ballistic
Hoyt Alphamax 32
Bowtech Destroyer 350
Darton DS 2800

I'm leaning towards the mission, just because it's the newest bow of the bunch...but the 350fps ibo speed of the bowtech destroyer is pretty fast too...

I don't want to hear your brand loyalties unless it's customer service related.

If all else were equal; price, equipment, etc... Which of these would you buy and why? I haven't had the opportunity to get out and shoot any of them on my own yet either.

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Of coarse what works for me might not work for you. I personally would steer clear of Bowtec just because of CS. Shoot them all and pick one that feels right and has a good grip.Remember with speed comes high maintenance and broadhead flite issues, plus some of the speed bows are not pleasant to shoot, your form has to be perfect and if you creep even a little it will feel like your arm is going dislocate .Not what I would want when I am hanging off the side of a tree in Nov. With an adrenaline rush happening and mister big is coming.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Stickbow is right. If possible draw them back, shoot them if possible. Get a good feel of them. Honestly try the Hoyt out of all the bows you listed. Mission bows are great but just short and less forgiving. The Bowtech is more of a speed bow. I have several bows new and used. My favorite to hunt with is my Hoyt. Its silky smooth to draw, great shooting, IBO is 275-280(more than plenty), and its a 2005. But just like stickbow said check them all out and choose what you feel comfortable with. Just remember speed isn't everything. I have a Matthews, PSE X Force, and a 2011 Martin Firecat 360 but still choose my 2005 Hoyt over them. Good luck and let us know what you get.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Try them all out and see which one you like best. I shot a lot of bows this year and kept going back to the Prime Alloy. 330 IBO and very smooth and forgiving.

Im shooting a 467 grain arrow at 270 fps set at 60 pounds so Im pretty happy with that. I love shooting this bow. Sounds like a fast ball hitting the target. :)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I previously had a destroyer 350 and loved it. My favorite bow to this day. However, one of the limbs de-laminated and blew up luckily while it was in my bow case. Bowtech upgraded me to a 2014 Experience. I like the new one a lot but I would go back to the Destroyer without hesitation given the opportunity.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I'd shoot any one of those but the bowtech, for one its not fun to shoot, 2 if there is a problem you won't have it fixed for atleast a month

As far as customer service, G5 & Elite are the top two, of your list I'd pick the hoyt personally...

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I'd shoot any one of those but the bowtech, for one its not fun to shoot, 2 if there is a problem you won't have it fixed for atleast a month

As far as customer service, G5 & Elite are the top two, of your list I'd pick the hoyt personally...

I am not discrediting anything Atchison is saying here, but in experience bowtech has been great to deal with. I have never had experience with the others however.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I am not discrediting anything Atchison is saying here, but in experience bowtech has been great to deal with. I have never had experience with the others however.
From my mind they are hit & miss on customer service, sometimes good sometimes bad, I'd rather work with a company that isn't 50/50 (all companies unfortunately can't please everyone I know this) but my experience with Elite, G5, AXT all are part of the reason I support their products,

Plus on top of that, the Elites shoot better than Bowtech :evil::evil:

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
I shot as many different bows I could get my hands on and visited several different shops. I ended up buying the bowtech destroyer 340 because I loved how it shot. Unfortunately, I blew up a limb last night and it's on the way to the manufacturer as we speak. I'll keep you posted on my experience with their customer service, as it's currently in question.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
5,589 Posts

You may believe they aren't fun to shoot...for you, but my personally experience is the opposite. I shot every bow I could get my hands on and narrowed it down to my top 3 (matthews z7, Elite and bowtech destroyer). I went with the destoyer because it shot the best....for me. My top 3 all met my pre-set parameters for speed, quite, draw cycle, but to me...the bowtech was the easy choice. I never had a single second of buyer's remorse. I'm not too happy I blew a limb last night but if I could buy another one, I would.

·
Banned
3,127 Posts
I'm getting a new-to-me bow this week and I've got to decide between the following:
Mission Ballistic
Hoyt Alphamax 32
Bowtech Destroyer 350
Darton DS 2800

I'm leaning towards the mission, just because it's the newest bow of the bunch...but the 350fps ibo speed of the bowtech destroyer is pretty fast too...

I don't want to hear your brand loyalties unless it's customer service related.

If all else were equal; price, equipment, etc... Which of these would you buy and why? I haven't had the opportunity to get out and shoot any of them on my own yet either.
Of those you listed I would go Alphamax 32. Great shooting bow with a great back wall. Before jumping in, try as many as you can. I also recommend the classifieds on Archery Talk. You can find great deals on fantastic bows.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those bows all sold before I could make up my mind! Now I'm looking at either a new Martin onza xt nitro 3 or a bowtech assassin...buying one or the other tomorrow....about the same price, but the bowtech is used.

Can't shoot either, whatcha guys think?

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Those bows all sold before I could make up my mind! Now I'm looking at either a new Martin onza xt nitro 3 or a bowtech assassin...buying one or the other tomorrow....about the same price, but the bowtech is used.

Can't shoot either, whatcha guys think?

After blowing up a limb on my bowtech, I don't think I'll ever buy a used bow in my lifetime, unless its a cheapo for shooting carp. I think if I was not the original owner, I'd be SOL'd as far as the warranty goes. I can only assume all bow companies are similar, but I'm not sure.

Buy new....warranties are important!

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
I shot as many different bows I could get my hands on and visited several different shops. I ended up buying the bowtech destroyer 340 because I loved how it shot. Unfortunately, I blew up a limb last night and it's on the way to the manufacturer as we speak. I'll keep you posted on my experience with their customer service, as it's currently in question.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Just an update....there is no update! Bowtech has had my bow for over 3 weeks and I still have not heard a single word about this!

I called the local dealer 3 times plus stopped in once. They said they've called 3 times without getting any answers. Pretty disappointed!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Just an update....there is no update! Bowtech has had my bow for over 3 weeks and I still have not heard a single word about this!

I called the local dealer 3 times plus stopped in once. They said they've called 3 times without getting any answers. Pretty disappointed!
Another Reason to Shoot Elite:

Elite Hunt Guarantee
Elite Archery believes that our customers are top priority and we want our customers to be 100% confident in their bows. Elite Archery is comprised of dedicated and passionate bow hunters – for this reason we offer a unique guarantee for our hunting customers.

It happens. You are on the hunt of a lifetime and you accidentally touch your broadhead to your string. You are taking your one-week of vacation to hunt with your friends and your buddy dry-fires your bow. If there isn’t a bow shop within driving distance, your hunt is over – but not if you’re shooting an Elite bow. No matter where you are or what happened to your bow, Elite will send a bow to you at no charge the very next day so that you can finish your hunt. This bow is on loan from Elite Archery and not intended to replace your damaged bow. The loaner bow will arrive with the customers requested draw weight and length, with a rest, sight and peep installed. The bow will be tuned and ready to shoot. It will only need to be sighted in with the customer’s arrows.

If something happens to your bow while on your hunt, please call us at 877-503-5483 and ask for the warranty department. The bows must be returned to us in the condition that they were shipped with all accessories. The loaner bow must be sent using a shipping company that provides package tracking. Our goal is to make sure you can finish your hunt, no matter where you are, no matter what happened.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
Finally heard from Bowtech. They're giving me a carbon knight, or for $250 any other bow they make.

I ordered a RPM 360. Still not a happy customer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts