Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
27,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Campground? Website?
Best way to get there from Romeo.

Need to partake in the action you guys report on.

·
Registered
956 Posts
The best place to stay would be campers cove its about two miles past the light in two there is a couple sign,you cant miss it.Make sure you call early they fill fast.Google campers cove wheatley they have a website.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Mike here's a link to the Harbor Master's fishing reports (done for the year)
http://swoc.ca/forums/viewforum.php?f=7
They also have a link for location/map of the area with some attractions. In addition to the private campground there is Wheatley Provicial Park there too. I've never been there but have friends that have and like it. Sounds pretty similar to Pinery if you've ever been there or one of our State parks, some sites have electric others nothing sits right on lake erie maybe 2 miles East of the ramp.
This was my 1st year fishing there and we had a blast so much I'm looking for new rig just for steelheading. When the perch come in its a double bonus trip steelheading in the morning and perchin in the afternoon!!
I just shoot across the bridge in Detroit but I'm in Dearborn. Never had any problems either way. From the bridge I take 3 there.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Where do the bows ususally head from here on out once the water cools (rivers?)
They head to the river mouths on the south shore of Erie. Most of these steelhead were planted by Ohio DNR from Huron OH & east. Pensilvania and NY also plant steelhead in there streams.

Stream anglers in these states enjoy a very good winter steelhead angling. Not as good as MI but good. ;)

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Mike,

I know we had a discussion onhte phone about me getting you invovled and taking oyu over there.

This may be hard to believe

I never made it over this year:yikes:

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
Campground? Website?
Best way to get there from Romeo.

Need to partake in the action you guys report on.
You are most welcomed to Wheatley..........However......"LEAVE THE GULP AT HOME". We do not want to contaminate the "Holy waters of Erie".:sad::eek:

·
Banned
4,352 Posts
Hey, we've done power trips over there starting in june and clobbered the steelies and the wallys...the last trip was sept.2 and we only got half our limit. this time of year they are moving either east or they heading up river. You can stay at molly and oj's 1/4 of a mile from the wheatley launch ( its on the way to the launch). They have campers and cabins to rent (50.00) and up. minnows available not to far from there. Erieau marina is a full service marina with all kind of lures. try copper spoons..they always did well. check the web site for the wind advisory ...because its not comfortable trolling in 6' footers or better. try perch fishing 2+w miles of the breakwall in near the rifle range ( marked by yellow buoys off shore, iof they are shooting a sign will be up...or try colchester for perch) good luck !!!! if all else fails try rondo bay , which is behind the marina for perch

·
Administrator
27,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mike,

I know we had a discussion onhte phone about me getting you invovled and taking oyu over there.

This may be hard to believe

I never made it over this year:yikes:
Jeff that was at least 2 years ago, still waiting!!!!:lol:

·
Banned
4,352 Posts
thanks for correcting me... have benn following the fish east for so long , i didnt remember where i had stayed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts