Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot some nice Drake Wood ducks this season, and am going to have one mounted. I have a few ideas, but would like to see some of your's. I saw all of those great mounts in that previous post, and I know some of you must have some nice drake Woodrows too.

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
a buddy has a neat mount that is a wood duck box for a base, and then he has the drake sitting on top and the hen sticking out the nest hole.

thought it was pretty cool!

·
Registered
828 Posts
I've got a sweet looking winging drake desk top mount back home, I'll get a pic up in about a week and a half when I get back home

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts
Just like that Bart!

Nice to see you around.

By the way, the Brother n' Law is back from the sandbox - and since he's done 3, been shot and blown up...this time it's for good! (thank god!)

He called me the other night to have me critique his calling (he's warming up for our hunt over the holidays).

and he's not half bad - blowing that custom Bartman call you did up for him while he was laid up at Walter Reed Army Hospital.

could have relayed all that in a PM. - just thought some of the other guys might want to see what a nice guy you really are.

K Troop - "Killers on the Warpath"

thanks again

·
Registered
1,233 Posts

I liked how this one turned out, the driftwood was perfect

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
BDB:

That sure is a nice mount...I like the way that the colors come out on the maroon wall!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for the update.

I am glad to hear he is doing well and using the call. I bet the Doc's and Nurses hated that call....:)

Tell him to drop me a line if he needs anything and I will take care of him if I can.

:)

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. St.Clair Flats does all my mounts. I love the piece of driftwood he used. The maroon walls are paint by me!!:lol: Tomorrow is gonna be a sad day, but I'll be out there to send it off w/a bang!!:woohoo1: :coco:

·
Registered
948 Posts
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

here are pics of mine, I like the glass case because it keeps the bird dust free and perfect. I mounted this guy myself and he looks good after 5 years. Completely dust free.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
That is one heck of a nice drake ERnurse!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts