Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys new to the site, i was wondering if someone could help me out. my stepdad ownes 60 acres of hunting land i would say 40 of it is nasty swamp of cattails and thickets. the front is cedars and not really that swampy higher land. i have a stand set up in the back with good signs of bucks with over 15 rubs around my stand which were there before bow season. i overlook 100 yards of the cattails and fallen cedars and havent been seeing anything since opening day. anyone with any advice would be great. i did see a little 4 and a nice mature buck in bow season and also a lot of does. dont know if there nocturnal now or what, weather???? help please:confused:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Watch the wind and stay where you are at the temps have been above normal and the presure got's them locked down ,,, as soon as it cools of a bit and the fair weather guys leave the woods that spot will be hot.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Seems like this time of year that thick are should be full of deer. Any food around for them? How are you getting in and out of your stand? Our you bumping deer on your way in and out? Be careful of the wind. Don't overhunt the stand. Just a few things to think about.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts