Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking my two girls out for the first time. I haven't been out for years. I'm familiar with I believe blue water bait and New Haven by that boat launch off 29 anything biting over that way. Any suggestions for time I should get out on ice. I never cared much in the past just like being out on the ice if I caught anything besides a buzz it was a plus. Still feel the same minus the buzz just want to show my Girls a good time.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I'm taking my two girls out for the first time. I haven't been out for years. I'm familiar with I believe blue water bait and New Haven by that boat launch off 29 anything biting over that way. Any suggestions for time I should get out on ice. I never cared much in the past just like being out on the ice if I caught anything besides a buzz it was a plus. Still feel the same minus the buzz just want to show my Girls a good time.
Head to Selfridge with your girls. It will be a ZOO over there with snowmobile racing.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The day sail at Metro would be a great place to start. There will be plenty of guys over there fishing and the ice is safe. Also there nice friendly guys out there will drill some holes for you for nothing.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
I agree with either of the suggestions above - Selfridge or Metro.

I only fish Fairhaven first and last ice because the machines get crazy out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts