Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hunt an area with lots of dead trees. I am looking for a camo pattern that would blend into these trees. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

PS: I am much better looking than the guy in the picture! Also...no need to comment on hunting out of dead trees.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
I would go with Prarie Ghost Snow or the Predator fall grey

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
Personally I think camo pattern is way overrated.
Back drop and scent control is what I focus on.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IMO way to open of a tree, and i would ever sit i dead tree
The deer in the state this was take in are super stupid...but once in a while, they pick you out. In terms of the tree being dead...you do the shake test and see if it moves. No movement...it is fine.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
The deer in the state this was take in are super stupid...but once in a while, they pick you out. In terms of the tree being dead...you do the shake test and see if it moves. No movement...it is fine.
ya but try that test when a 20-30 mph gust of wind hits it

·
Registered
733 Posts
PS: I am much better looking than the guy in the picture! Also...no need to comment on hunting out of dead trees.[/QUOTE]

Just so you know, you shouldn't hunt out of dead tree's. Especially when thier only 24" in diameter! Duh! You should just stop hunting that spot all together. I don't care how many Booners you saw!:rant:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Skyline Apparition (www.skylinecamo.com)
This stuff works great in poplar type trees and any light barked or dead trees. You will stick out on the walk in and out but you will blend well once in the stand.
Highly reccomended...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts