Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep you heard me right wanting to get out bass fishing! Bro in law is up from NC and we want to get into some LSC smallies. Looking to go Thursday and/or Friday. Would like to shoot out from Crocker launch or off one of the channels to get into some catchable casting bass and/or live bait. Where should we go as I am just a SCR walleye guy looking to show him some good old LSC bass fishin. Any and all help most appreciated. Feel free to PM if need be....

· Administrator
18,725 Posts
Gilly, might want to PM Joe Archer too he has been killing them on the lake
Large mouth are on weed beds just before the color break of the water (slighty stained). You will probably catch smallies on any weed bed in clear water close to the break from slightly stained to clear. The large mouth slow down after the rains when water gets a little too dark.
<----<<<

· Registered
7,654 Posts
Hey Gilly check this report out from another website and it's close to home, to bad I dont have a clue to the rigs there talking about.. Cya Slick

Wow...finally got out yesterday to spend the day on the river...light winds and sunshine made it a very nice day.

For the day we caught & released over 40 smallies....we started at Imperial Oil and fished our way down to the LGS, we stopped and hit all of my favorite spots....the reserve had fish stacked up in the 28' range, from the beginning of the first no achor sign to the 4rth sign....watermelon/red zellamander lizards and ozark smoke senkos.

Stopped at 40/80 hwy in 25-27' of water....alot of fish...double headers, but were on the smaller size, same baits.

Then we stopped past hydro...there is a set of black stairs can't miss it....30' of water and all hell broke loose....majority of our fish came on isolated rock piles in 30' of water about a 30yd stretch....same baits, same technique....talk about finding the school!!

Then we ventured over to the N. tip of fawn Island and once again LOADED! 24' of water...also took 3 pickeral at the same spot....

For all you perch guys.....the LGS stairs are loaded with them....hope this helps and the smallmouth bite is on in full force....ENJOY!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.