Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am heading to the DR for a musky tournament in a few weeks. I was wanting to come up a week early to prefish but I can't find a camp ground close to Elizabeth Park. Can''t afford to stay n motel for a week!! Would be willing to rent a camper that someone is storing if reasonable. Would't even have to move it and it would be cleaner when we left than when we get there. We usually tent camp and enjoy this type of camping. We have stayed in old barns, old chicken coups that we had to nail plastic up on the walls to block the wind while deer hunting.
If you are interested or have any suggestions you can e-m me at gtreadway007 at yahoo. Or post.
Oh yeah, can you buy Canadian f. license in the U.S.? How hard are they to get if I wait until I get up there? I am assuming you need a passport to drive over and get them!???? Thanks for the help! GREAT WEBSIGHT!!
Gary
:fish:>'((((((((((><

·
Registered
266 Posts
the passport has NOT come into affect yet and its only to enter the USA
you can only buy a licience on the canadian side i believe, maybe on-line,you might want to try the KOA camp ground. hope that helps some

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
the passport has NOT come into affect yet and its only to enter the USA
you can only buy a licience on the canadian side i believe, maybe on-line,you might want to try the KOA camp ground. hope that helps some
You can order the Canadian license by phone and it takes about 7-10 days(google how to buy a canadian fishing license). There is a state park (Sterling State Park) in Monroe. About 15 miles south off i-75. Best bet for you I think. There is nothing in the Detroit area.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Could you give a plug for the muskie tournament? I would be interested in checking out the web page and learning more. We have the MOMC (Michigan Ontario Muskie Club) that is local. A muskie trail sounds pretty cool. I have not heard of muskie tournament trails coming to the St. Clair system. Just wonder the dates, prizes, weigh-in times and locations, payouts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would be glad too,( promusky) Professional Musky Tournament Trail (PMTT). The tournament is Sept. 13-14 on the Detroit River. Boundry waters are north to the Ambassader Bridge and south to Celron(?) island. Take off will be from Elizebeth Park. Entry fee is $600.00.
125 boat field (max) will pay $20,000.00 to win. I think there is a few openings left, but I'm not positive. The weigh-in is a virtual weigh in. When you catch a fish, you unhook her and leave her in the net. Call a judge boat to come over to where you are. They hand you a measuring board and you dip it in the water, lay it in your boat, next to the judges boat so he/she can also see the measurement. You and the judge agree on the LENGTH, hold her up for a photo and release her for a 10pt. bonus for good release. They may have openings for judge boats as well. I think they get $100.00 a day. I don't think you are allowed to musky fish if your a judge but you can fish for other species while waiting on a call from a contestant. Hope this helps and thanks for your help everyone. Any other info you would be willing to share such as areas, technics, or anything will be appreciated. Not used to fishing rivers. Oh yeah, send info privately
if you wish. I know there's others searching for info.. Or doing their "Home Work".
Another Musky trail you can check out is Trinity Musky Trail. It is new and they are looking to expand. They are afilliated with the Fishers of Men Circuit. I fish with them in Kentucky and they are a great group of guys.
But anyway..... Feel free to ask any ?'s. Gary Treadway
gtreadway007 at yahoo
:fish:>'(((((((((><

New member. I can't post URLS. But I'm sure you can figure it out in ( ).
if not, e-m me.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
They may have openings for judge boats as well. I think they get $100.00 a day. I don't think you are allowed to musky fish if your a judge but you can fish for other species while waiting on a call from a contestant.
:fish:>'(((((((((><
Sign me up!!!! Lets do it Ted!!!! We can fish for some Walts while we wait...

Gary, Sterling State park would be a great place to Camp, not too far from Elizabeth park......Find out if they need any more Judges, I would be up for that......

Mushy

·
Registered
394 Posts
ill partner up with anyone and i have a 22 ft 04 CC angler with a 200 merc and a 9.9 kick with all the bells and wistles id like to take my brother-in-law with me so that would make for 2 more guys in the boat lets do it:D:D:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I made this a new post but thought I would reply here as well. It's either this or cut grass.;) I just got off the phone with Nita at the PMTT headquarters. Those interested in fishing or judging need to call her at
(815)478-4351.(asap) Hope to see ya there. If you see me be sure and come up and say hey. I am easy to spot. Just look for the WV hillbilly with the hand crafted walking stick.:D Gary

1 - 9 of 9 Posts