Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy my first rifle for deer hunting. I've been using my muzzle loader for a few years and love it, but have received some money I want to use towards a rifle.
I'm looking for something under $500-550 and would prefer it to have a camo finish.
Also anyone know when the best deals come out for rifles? I waited around years ago to purchase the ML and got it for about $125 off.
Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

·
Registered
950 Posts
My recommendation would be to visit a few gun shops and see what is available on the used gun racks. It may be possible to find something that fits you, handles well and can afford. All the best...
Gil

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
My recommendation would be to visit a few gun shops and see what is available on the used gun racks. It may be possible to find something that fits you, handles well and can afford. All the best...
Gil
True but make sure you know what to look for in a used gun, particularly when it comes to pitting in the barrel. Don't want to buy and then find out from a gunsmith that its junk.
Before hitting the used rack, id do some research on what gun comes in the caliber you want and then compare new prices.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts