Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wonderful wife is going to buy me an underwater camera. She is looking at an Atlantis Drop Cam System.. Anyone have any experience or advice on this or another camera. I will use it for ice fishing, Walleye fishing and maybe watching a bait off a cannonball.

Thanks,

Wayne

·
Premium Member
9,775 Posts
Move up a model to the sportscam. The drop can works but you can only watch what is below you. I like spinning the sportscam and being able to see in all directions.

Plus you will need to fish directly below your camera with the drop cam. Two draw backs:

1 Larger fish may tangle you in the cable for the camera losing your fish and causing you to re-tie.

2 You will only be able to watch one, possibly two, baits. With the sportscam looking sideways I've been able to watch 4 baits spread out over ten feet.

The sportscam has an adjustable weight attached that changes the angle you view.

If you watch for sales you can find the sportscam for nearly the same price as the dropcam. I got mine for $209 from Pro Bass compared to $199 for the dropcam. $10 well worth it if you ask me.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I just pick up the Atlantis Drop Cam and I love it.

With the drop Cam I don't have to spin the camera around for an hour tring to find me bait.

I drill 3 holes 2ft a part for each other. I fish the 2 outside holes and place the camera down the center hole and set it 3-5 ft. above my bait and I can see each rod on the screen.

they also have video hook up and daul camera head option.

I picked mine up at miejers for $159.99

·
Premium Member
9,775 Posts
Originally posted by Southend517
That is the yellow one right, That is sweet thanks for the heads up
Yes, the yellow one with the silver bullet weight. Another benefit is that I think the fish are actually attracted to the camera. The silver seems to draw the pike in as I've had them bump it. I've also had nothing in the camera and spun it for a look around and had perch come in right after. I think the spinning yellow and silver bullet draw the perch. My two cents.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I got an aquaview and love it , my buddy has an atlantis and it seem good also, hes had no complaints.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just got a Bass pro catolog today and they have the Alantis AUW-502 Sportcam on sale for $199.88. Save $50.00
Thought you might want to know.
Mike

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I spotted that deal too...good find! I also found them on Amazon.com for the same price. I have a $10 off certificate so I will probably buy it from there.

Thanks for all the replies.

Wayne

·
Premium Member
9,775 Posts
If you buy from Amazon do so through the link in the web site. The site will get a donation without affecting your price.

·
Premium Member
9,775 Posts
Oops. I ment to find it and post it on this thread for use and forgot. Give me a few minutes and I'll find it.

·
Registered
18,038 Posts
CO Reports for 01/25/2004
COs Cherie Beckhorn, Chris Holmes, Dan Bigger, and Sgt. Sherry Chandler participated in an ORV group patrol on lakes in the Waterloo Recreation Area. During the patrol, COs Holmes and Bigger discovered two out-of-season bass when an angler was showing CO Holmes his new underwater video camera. The subject's fishing buddy was disposing of the bass down the hole at the same time. The action was very clear on the camera. COs Holmes and Bigger watched the dead bass slowly drift to the bottom of the lake.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts