Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found this site and I couldn't be happier. There is just no other place I know of to find this much real world info on food plotting. It looks like I have a lot of plots to plant this year so I'm looking to get a better seeder. I've been looking at a Land Pride 6ft primary seeder. It' pretty cool and pretty expensive ($4,600.00). I know you guys look out for equipment, so maybe you could help me find a seeder or small drill in good condition.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Good luck on that one, I have been looking for years

Might help if we knew your lcation thoug.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
ThumbBum said:
Good luck on that one, I have been looking for years

Might help if we knew your lcation thoug.
Agreed

Welcome to the site Gametrailer, but please take a minute and fill out your profile. It tells on the Introduction page or you can just click on User CP and fill that thing out. We'd like to know a little about you.

As for the seeder, yes, good luck. Most times we just broadcast the seed and then pack it in. Works great for clovers and such, however, when it comes to winter wheat or oats or rye, the turkeys can become a big, big problem. We've been planting the oats and rye about 3 inches or more deep but the turkeys still start scratching in it as soon as it sprouts and sometimes before if you happen to spill a seed or two. As soon as they spot one seed, they'll start scratching. The only way we've found to keep them out is fencing in small areas and then stringing twine across the fences from one side to the other. The only other way I know of is for someone to sit near the plot and chase them out as they come in. That can get pretty old fast though....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts