Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of an axle for my trailmaster boat trailer. I am having a heck of a time finding one for the trailer since the axle has a "V" in the middle. I tried contacting the manufacture which is Axis Products INC, they have yet to get back to me. Any recommendations out there?

thank you,

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Buy a new trailer, not trying to be a smartass but I remember looking for my old boat and hard to find axles, I went to dealers and looked online, couldn't find anything that gave me confidence... eventually sold the boat. Told the new owner be cautious on long trips!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buy a new trailer, not trying to be a smartass but I remember looking for my old boat and hard to find axles, I went to dealers and looked online, couldn't find anything that gave me confidence... eventually sold the boat. Told the new owner be cautious on long trips!
Whats the going rate for a new bunk trailer? The boat is a 2050 Crestliner Sportfish

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I'm sure the trailer companies buy axles from a 3rd party. What's wrong with the old one?
Good find. I was on the Champion trailer website looking for him but did not see it

They have about everything just a matter of finding it

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm sure the trailer companies buy axles from a 3rd party. What's wrong with the old one?
I had a hub bearing blow on Saturday, it caused the spindle's threads to be ground down smooth. I am trying to get it back working ASAP so I can continue to fish. I figured just replacing the axle and hubs was faster then trying to weld new spindles. I cannot move the trailer from my driveway.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Would be a bit of a drive for you but I just had a axle made for my utility trailer #3500, Joe’s Trailer Mfg, in Livonia.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
My have to hire one of those 'rolloff' trucks and have them haul the trailer to someone to replace needed parts.

Problem will be that no one can do till Thanksgiving, or so.

Might just investigate a new trailer depending on how bad you need to fiosh.

Good luck.

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
11,559 Posts
I will second richfield trailer supply in flint. You can have your axle repaired. Take it to ritchfield and they well sell you the spindles. They will likely send you down the road to a place called Iron Mikes to have them do the weld. They can fix an axle for sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in need of an axle for my trailmaster boat trailer. I am having a heck of a time finding one for the trailer since the axle has a "V" in the middle. I tried contacting the manufacture which is Axis Products INC, they have yet to get back to me. Any recommendations out there?

thank you,
I had the same issue last summer and ended up finding one that works great at 3500lb Capacity V Bend Galvanized Boat Trailer Axles
cost around $250.

If I did it over again I might have just had the spindles replaced as has been suggested by others. You can buy those cheaply and find a local welding shop to do the repair. In my case, it was quicker to replace the axle but I would have saved a little by going the slower route. time vs money, you choose.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts