Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found about 8 ounces of frsh young Oysters this weekend.

I need a decent recipe. Nothing real fancy, we like to taste the shrooms.

Anybody have a can't miss way to cook them?

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
I found about 8 ounces of frsh young Oysters this weekend.

I need a decent recipe. Nothing real fancy, we like to taste the shrooms.

Anybody have a can't miss way to cook them?

You can put them in a stew or sauce, I like to sautee them up w/ butter and onions, a little pepper. Be sure to cut away the tougher stems. I have been looking for them around me, and did find some old ones, nothing fresh. Had some this spring but most were full of beetles. A couple good ones. Best ones seem to be a ways up the trees, ones close to the ground get infested.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can put them in a stew or sauce, I like to sautee them up w/ butter and onions, a little pepper. Be sure to cut away the tougher stems. I have been looking for them around me, and did find some old ones, nothing fresh. Had some this spring but most were full of beetles. A couple good ones. Best ones seem to be a ways up the trees, ones close to the ground get infested.
Thanks!

I ended up finding a few recipes online. I settled for lightly sauteed (sp) in butter, ate a few, froze the rest. They were very good.

These were pretty fresh, found them on a laydown, doesn't get much easier picken's.;)

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Found a couple of small shelves of oysters yesterday, and they were all full of beetles again. Get all excited when you see them in the tree 30 yards away, then get them in your hand to see the dark spots, break them open, and infested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts