Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking my son fishing this week looking for a few good spots for huge cats around lansing area ,also having trouble tracking down any kinda of boat rentals in my area as well.Thanks in advance any info would be help full.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Lots of places for cats, think below any of the dams.. used to catch cats while steelhead and coho fishing around there. Boat rental, might be something on Lake Lansing but it's been a while since I lived down there so I'm not sure.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Lake Ovid / Sleepy Hollow State Park, its in North of Lansing not far off 127. They have both catfish and boat rentals (canoe and kayak). Looks like it was last stocked in 2011 with channel cats.

Lake Lansing I think may rent paddle boats but not a "fishing" boat.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Taking my son fishing this week looking for a few good spots for huge cats around lansing area ,also having trouble tracking down any kinda of boat rentals in my area as well.Thanks in advance any info would be help full.
Grand River is chock full of cats. At least, it was back when I was fishing it. (OK, to be fair, it has been SOME time, but I don't think the cats are leaving that water...) Lots of places to fish from shore.

Good luck with your boy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts