Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going up salmon fishing this weekend by tippie dam but would rather not deal with all those people there, i know people dont like giving up there sacred spot but can someone direct me to a great hole to get some salmon out of?

:fish:

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
You bet, let me find my garmin and get some numbers for you, but I know the find it yourself as hole is almost always full of fish and no people.

·
Registered
9,576 Posts
I realize this is your first post here, and welcome aboard. However, I have to tell ya, there is no one on this board who will give you a specific hole, and in fact, that goes for any other forum you may enter. Most of these guys have found their spots by trial, error, and just plain good ole leg work. Some of us have been doing it for a long times, years in fact, and have managed to find some spots that just as sacred as some others religions. Not trying to make you upset, but the best, and most rewarding way to find out, is walk the rivers. Get a good local map, and find places where the road is fairly close to the river, and do some walking. Believe me when I say, if you find a spot that no one gave you, you will feel much more gratified. Take that from someone who has spent years finding spots, you'll enjoy it a lot more.

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
Here's the URL leading to the thread of MS' policy on river reporting. You'll notice that specific holes are not to be given out on the boards.

Toto is correct, get a good set of county maps and go exploring along rivers with plenty of public land.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah sorry i read that after posting, i hear what yall are saying it will be more appreciated if i find it myself, so guess im gonna pull the boot straps up and get ta walkin, by the way great site guys lots of great info!

·
Premium Member
9,594 Posts
Sent you a PM.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Specific holes can be given top you through a pm. Its not a stupid question as some have made it out to be! Some of us dont live by the river or have time to get up there to find a hole ahead of time. I will not be there this weekend so why not let someone who will be have a good weekend? I usually fish the pm so cant help you out much up there. If you can get down to the pm which is a half hour south, send me a message.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Some people actually make a living out of showing good holes to new people. They're not strippers, they're called guides.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Just a question, with the "concern" about giving info about a certain hole; Do you guys spend your entire day in one hole?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.