Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Duck hunting has been slow for me the last couple of days. Warm temps and no hunting pressure has the birds sunning on shore. Winds are supposed to be in the 30 mph range today. I have a spot on the west end of large private water that I am going to set up on this am. There are a lot of birds in the area, mostly teal, gadwall, spoonies, and a few mallards. I have not seen another hunter and only heard one shot in the distance on Sunday. I have two more weeks to spend here.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Thanks for the update.....good luck!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I would think even a poor day there is better that being here. :lol: I hope you have good luck for the remainder of your hunt. ;)

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I would think even a poor day there is better that being here. :lol: I hope you have good luck for the remainder of your hunt. ;)
My thoughts exactly. A bad day in ND beats Michigan any day! Enjoy your time in Gods country because before you know it you'll be on your way back here! If you hunt them they will come!

Any news on the excavating front or is every excavating company busy working on other projects? Seems like the job market is booming out there too.

T

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Todd,most if not all diggers are working in the NW oil fields. Suzy and I had a great morning. Going to come home through the UP and do some grouse hunting. Time is flying. I did find a bottle of Black Velvet this afternoon. See you in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The warm dry weather has the combines running. Both corn and beans are coming off every day. Keep in mind I am a little farther West than the traditional pothole region. Youth pheasant season is on Sat. Got into some birds yesterday, spoonies and bwt. Wraps on the grill. This duck hunting is hard on an old body.Slept in this am. Nice you don't have to be in "your" spot at zero dark thirty. Going to field hunt combined corn tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
The warm dry weather has the combines running. Both corn and beans are coming off every day. Keep in mind I am a little farther West than the traditional pothole region. Youth pheasant season is on Sat. Got into some birds yesterday, spoonies and bwt. Wraps on the grill. This duck hunting is hard on an old body.Slept in this am. Nice you don't have to be in "your" spot at zero dark thirty. Going to field hunt combined corn tomorrow.
Cudos on the bb uncle Erv! Lol yeah those gentleman hunts are a bee otch arnt they?! I love it out there and miss going these last few years. Sound like a plan on the grouse hunting in the up! Take your time driving home and enkoy the back roads!!! Have fun and be safe c union a couple weeks!

Keep us flat landers updated too!
Todd

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
was there in the middle of the blast. Birds started feeding pretty good on Friday as the stuff hit, and continued into Saturday. Up until that, it was 65 and sunny...tough going on birds. But once the weather hit, it was easy limits for two days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts