Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was finally dry enough for me to get some native grasses planted, of course I ran shy on seed. The county grass drill I used wasn't calibrated properly as I was told. 6 pounds per acre turned into 8. Does anyone know any place that sells native grass see near Saginaw? I need about 30 pounds to finish up.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I was finally dry enough for me to get some native grasses planted, of course I ran shy on seed. The county grass drill I used wasn't calibrated properly as I was told. 6 pounds per acre turned into 8. Does anyone know any place that sells native grass see near Saginaw? I need about 30 pounds to finish up.
Thanks
Only switchgrass seed I know a guy on here that can supply that.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Sweeney seed in Mt. Pleasant carries a variety. Hemlock elevator sells CR although price is high. I would call Sweeny for the quantity you need.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
If you need help, I wouldn't hesitate to call your local PF or soil conservation district. They can often point you in the right direction. My friend has switch grass and canary reed grass and his place is so thick you are standing on a deer before it takes off. Good luck!

Ganzer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts