Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard down the line that if your going to canada you need to have your name on your bucket....Is this new or not even true? Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i said but i also seen it on another forum from across the lake, i just dont want to get a fine for something so stuped as that

·
Super Moderator
10,173 Posts
I've heard that too and have never had any problem not having it when checked by a CO. Never heard of anybody getting a ticket for it either. Not saying it isn't on their books though. :confused:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so there could be some truth to this???? they just dont enforce it??? ive looked at the mnr website and could find anything:confused:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I heard you just need your first initial and the last 3 letters of your last name. That's what they are looking for.:yikes:

·
Super Moderator
10,173 Posts
so there could be some truth to this???? they just dont enforce it??? ive looked at the mnr website and could find anything:confused:
What I stated in my post is all I know. If you don't get a definative answer, call or e-mail the MNR in Chatham and post what you find out.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ill call the mnr and post it but someone told me its so u cant say your holding your friends limit if you get cought with to much fish so your bucket your name your ticket if over limit

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i cant help it if grass is my name man but i could see them really givin me a hard time though ah...:16suspect

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ill let u know man but on another note we gota go hammer this sat. we should bring the kids for good luck but its gona be cold

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
bri been goin over there 4 quite some time never got harrased for that one but i think it would make sense for limit counts,man hope i dont have too cover up my jumbofever sticker.time 2 go too the other side captn.;)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
got my EDL so lets roll just tryin to cover my a** if u know what i mean dont need the ball and chain sayin i told u so:rant::dizzy:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Been going over there for a number of years and I heard the same thing, but have never been able to find it in the regs. anywhere. Here is the closest thing I could find in the regs to it....
"If you use a live holding box or impounding device, it must be clearly marked with your name and address (and it must be legible without having to lift the box), unless it forms part of or is attached to a boat. Any fish in holding boxes are part of your limit. Always monitor fish in your possession; allowing fish to waste is an offence. Catch and retain possession limits apply to live holding boxes."
So it doesnt say bucket but says holding device, I put my name on the bucket and be done with it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats what i was gona do thanks for the info im still gona call tomarow and will post what they say

1 - 20 of 24 Posts