Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Name that Hybrid

881 Views 14 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  BarryPatch
Sorry about the picture quality. A friend of mine took this picture with a 35mm camera, and I don't have a scanner so I took a picture of it with my digital so I could get it posted.

The pic was originally taken about a month ago, behind a friends house in the 'burbs. He said this is the 2nd year this duck has been back.

See less
Sorry about the picture quality. A friend of mine took this picture with a 35mm camera, and I don't have a scanner so I took a picture of it with my digital so I could get it posted.

The pic was originally taken about a month ago, behind a friends house in the 'burbs. He said this is the 2nd year this duck has been back.
See more
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Just a guess for a wild species, Pintail/ woodie or a Pintail/ringneck. Its a strange one for sure.

Looks more like a domestic duck than a wild hybrid.

Kevlar
Just a guess for a wild species, Pintail/ woodie or a Pintail/ringneck. Its a strange one for sure.

Looks more like a domestic duck than a wild hybrid.

Kevlar
See more
100% farm duck. Probably a indian runner crossed with a white farm duck.
See more
Yep ! Without a doubt is a "Whatchamacallit".......:p
Yep ! Without a doubt is a "Whatchamacallit".......:p
See more
Without reading kevs response, the first thing I thought was woodie mix, with what, its anyones guess.
Without reading kevs response, the first thing I thought was woodie mix, with what, its anyones guess.
See more
From the front looks like the aflac duck...from the back a surf scooter.....it has some cow like markings.....things that make ya say "huh".......Mack
From the front looks like the aflac duck...from the back a surf scooter.....it has some cow like markings.....things that make ya say "huh".......Mack
See more
Pintail/ Domestic white
Pintail/ Domestic white
See more
looks like the only way to find out is to add bacon and cook at 325...:yikes:
looks like the only way to find out is to add bacon and cook at 325...:yikes:
See more
Where do you get woodie in this one? This is definitely domestic cross.
chuckinduck said:
chuckinduck said:
See more
I think were most are seeing the Woodie is in the white patch around the eye like a hen Woody. A mature hen is completely surrounded, if you ever shot one that was not in ful plumgae you could see the distinct similarities between the 2, I am trying to find one we accidently took last year as we thought it was a hybrid of something after getting it close up we realized that it was a real ugly hen woody!
Mudfoot said:
See less
I think were most are seeing the Woodie is in the white patch around the eye like a hen Woody. A mature hen is completely surrounded, if you ever shot one that was not in ful plumgae you could see the distinct similarities between the 2, I am trying to find one we accidently took last year as we thought it was a hybrid of something after getting it close up we realized that it was a real ugly hen woody!
Mudfoot said:
Where do you get woodie in this one? This is definitely domestic...
See more
Domestic = No closed season ;) :D
Domestic = No closed season ;) :D
See more
No closed season is right, if only it wasn't in the 'burbs. I would have to agree that there is definitely some type of domestic mix in that bird. Hopefully he'll come around again so we can get some better pics.
No closed season is right, if only it wasn't in the 'burbs. I would have to agree that there is definitely some type of domestic mix in that bird. Hopefully he'll come around again so we can get some better pics.
See more
this one's easy (and Safety's dead on)....

it's called an "other" and it doesn't count against your daily bag!:p
this one's easy (and Safety's dead on)....

it's called an "other" and it doesn't count against your daily bag!:p
See more
That is one in-breed duck...that's all I have to say...

Chad
That is one in-breed duck...that's all I have to say...

Chad
See more
That sounds like a good guess. It's only one pic but its got that upright runner posture. The coloring is definaly odd. Woodieish but I'd be more likely to believe it's a farm duck/runner cross.
Gander Club said:
That sounds like a good guess. It's only one pic but its got that upright runner posture. The coloring is definaly odd. Woodieish but I'd be more likely to believe it's a farm duck/runner cross.
Gander Club said:
See more
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.