Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well looks like you guys down in Sag bay might be getting a good push of birds. Were getting some nasty weather up here in the UP today with lots of rain and north wind, and cooler temps, more of the same tomorrow, and more north winds, and possible snow over the weekend.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Well looks like you guys down in Sag bay might be getting a good push of birds. Were getting some nasty weather up here in the UP today with lots of rain and north wind, and cooler temps, more of the same tomorrow, and more north winds, and possible snow over the weekend.

What part of the UP are you in? :confused: We're not getting that here in the Soo.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Houghton Hancock

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Houghton Hancock, I heard a lot birds migrate past CH heading South.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I'm in central alberta and in this area the migration is a couple weeks behind schedule.. Usually by now we have big big concentrations of birds,, we've got good(not great) numbers of geese but the ducks aren't here yet.

My buddy's are flying out in 11 days too hunt deer,, I've got a feeling they are going to get to see what world class waterfowl hunting is like a well.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
had teal all over me yesterday on the bay...a few flocks ..got some shooting in at least..sounded like the fp guys had birds around too lol

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_988 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
OG
Getting the same reports from our farmer friend in Sask. Bird numbers are no where close to what they should be at this time. Not heading up till the end of the month. Long range temps don't even get cold until the 30th, and no snow predicited. I will do my best to push the birds south.

Maybe we can lobby westjet to fly later in the month, just to accomidate waterfowl hunters.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I saw teal a few days ago,,not just 1 or 2 that slough had hundreds on it, usually they are gone mid September, these were coloured up birds.. Strange year.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Better get some birds soon cause we're running out of time. Less than a month left to our season.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts