Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shame on the whole bunch of ya. That's not what I was talking about.
On my wife's request, we went to Dundee Mi yesterday, to the new Cabella's.
WOW! If you get a chance, GO!
Steve, I held off on buying a few things so that I could do buisiness with some of the forum sponors, but just walking through there gives you a whole lot of Christmas ideas.
They have a sandwich restaraunt upstairs that over looks a 40 foot high mountain with a water fall. It's covered with about 100 full body mounts of wolves, Polar bears, Grizzly bears, Muleys, Whitetails, grouse, martins, and just about everything else that you could think if. It's surrounded by a trout stream stocked with trout.
There is a diplay when you walk in the front door, of about a half dozen of the biggest deer in the world. It's not just the racks, but the bodies are HUGE!
There was a room with a huge 1/2 circle aquarium filled with game fish, pickerel, pike, bass, etc.
I was surprised. I figured that the prices would be unreal, but I found most things to be pretty reasonable.
If it has to do with the out doors, they have it. If they don't have it, it doesn't exist.
If you're looking for a fun day with the family, head down to Dundee.
It's where I want to go when I die.

G

·
i have been there also :)) it is a True HEAVENLY PLACE . I have been to some of the others and that one in Dundee is the BIGGEST they have. I have pictures of inside some of the others.

[This message has been edited by sportsmaster (edited 12-02-2000).]

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Can you test the flyrods out in the trout pond? LOL

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've been to the stores in Sidney and Kearney NE, as well. As a heads up, all of you driving out west for a hunt or family vacation, skip the kearney store. It is about the size of a regular gander mountain. The sidney store is almost the same as the Dundee store so it has more to buy/see. No offense to the Cabella bros.
I am very happy to save shipping!! Happy Shopping

·
Registered
249 Posts
You actually made it to the aquarium and sandwich shop? :D When I went to the Grand Opening, I wandered around for at least 4 hours looking at things. And I didn't get to look at everything I wanted to :( Just an excuse to make another trip.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Thats it, I used mapquest - and I am going this week. :) Thanks for the info Tom! :) It better be worth the 2 hour trip... or you are in trouble! :D :D

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
It is a really nice place to visit. It is just a shame that their prices aren't more competative. I can't see paying what they charge for some things, but it is a neat place to look around.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I went to the Owatonna, Minnesota store a couple years ago when it first opened. I was IMPRESSED! at the time, it was the largest store they had.

We were there about 3 1/2 hours and I didn't get to see hardly anything. I sure managed to spend alot of $$$, though!

I can't wait to visit the Dundee store! Has anybody been to the Bass Pro store in Auborn Hills?

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
Bass Pro is also very big, but I haven't been to Dundee to compare the two. I found a gift for my wife at Bass Pro last year and it stumped her for months trying to figure out where I got it. (she shops a lot) :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
don't say shame on me my only thought was hmmmm she took him to cabela's i mean after all this is a family sight!!!! it's a great place and heaven for me but hell for my accountant

·
Super Moderator
7,371 Posts
From what I hear, it is a much better place to shop than to buy. I go to Bass to look around at what I want, but usually get things elswhere.
My Dad and brother drove to the Cabela's yesterday. They thought it was pretty cool and had a very nice time looking around.
They also found it on average about 20%-30% more expensive than many of their competitors. Then from Cabela's they drove on to the gunshop in Finley (sp) Ohio. My brother then spent about $1600 on a nifty Baretta 28-20 guage combo.
Those are neat places to visit though, or to shop at if you are not as much as a miser penny-pinching cheapskate like me. :)
-Amos

·
Super Moderator
7,371 Posts
From what I hear, it is a much better place to shop than to buy. I go to Bass to look around at what I want, but usually get things elswhere.
My Dad and brother drove to the Cabela's yesterday. They thought it was pretty cool and had a very nice time looking around.
They also found it on average about 20%-30% more expensive than many of their competitors. Then from Cabela's they drove on to the gunshop in Finley (sp) Ohio. My brother then spent about $1600 on a nifty Baretta 28-20 guage combo.
Those are neat places to visit though, or to shop at if you are not as much as a miser penny-pinching cheapskate like me. :)
-Amos

Reactions: koz bow

·
Super Moderator
7,371 Posts
Oops, sorry for the dupes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts