Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i woke up late,lol...couldn't pull myself from the bed to go sit on stand and probably not see much. So about 10:45 I decided to go walk a standing cornfield. As soon as i stepped in a doe jumped up...Whoops not doe tag, oh well after a buck anyway. So i get farther on and i see a brown spot on the ground. I put the scope on it. I wait to confirm it's a deer. Can't tell so i sneak within about 40 yard and it swings it's head at me. OMG!!!! huge body it's gotta be a buck....awww nope. Biggest doe i've ever seen. After a 10 minute stare down she gets up and calmly walks off. Well the rest of the field produced 4 more does one of which walked two rows in front of me before i got spotted. Oh well. At least i saw some deer. Still a good hunt before dinner.
Alex

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Oh well. At least i saw some deer. Still a good hunt
Damn right it was. Hunting cornfields and actually seeing deer rather than pushing them is always a treat. Too bad no doe tags. I don't think a succesfull deer hunt really has a whole lot to do with dragging home a dead deer. Just getting close to them in a situation like that is a success in my book. Good job and good luck!!

Al

1 - 2 of 2 Posts