Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we started on Saturday morning at 6:00am saw a small 8 point about 9:30 am then we saw a 6 point about 10:00 am nothing till about 1:00 pm a doe with two fawns. Then about 7:00 pm we started seeing deer a few small bucks then some doe's they left the field and a heard of about 20 deer came out there were 6 bucks in the group . but the biggest buck was just over 400 years away. I ask him if he wanted to try the shot he said yes I told him what to do and I got the video cam ready , So he shot there was a second or two delay before the bullet hit the deer. He hit it low in the chest so I said we will come back in the morning a track it . it was a good hit i could see on the video cam look to be right in the heart the shoot was and the deer. The deer bucked and ran slowly away. So we got there this morning wait till just after 7:00 am and went and tracked it .The deer only ran 60 yards away we found it easy. I will put the video up later. He started his first youth hunt with a nice 8 point 300 yard shot dropped it dead in its tracks and ended it with his longest kill of a nice 8 point just over 400 yard .

Attachments

·
Registered
36,016 Posts
Congrats to the lucky Hunter and guide.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks it was a 116 acre field of radish we were hunting. The farm just re- tiled the field.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Well we started on Saturday morning at 6:00am saw a small 8 point about 9:30 am then we saw a 6 point about 10:00 am nothing till about 1:00 pm a doe with two fawns. Then about 7:00 pm we started seeing deer a few small bucks then some doe's they left the field and a heard of about 20 deer came out there were 6 bucks in the group . but the biggest buck was just over 400 years away. I ask him if he wanted to try the shot he said yes I told him what to do and I got the video cam ready , So he shot there was a second or two delay before the bullet hit the deer. He hit it low in the chest so I said we will come back in the morning a track it . it was a good hit i could see on the video cam look to be right in the heart the shoot was and the deer. The deer bucked and ran slowly away. So we got there this morning wait till just after 7:00 am and went and tracked it .The deer only ran 60 yards away we found it easy. I will put the video up later. He started his first youth hunt with a nice 8 point 300 yard shot dropped it dead in its tracks and ended it with his longest kill of a nice 8 point just over 400 yard .
400 years away!? That's one hell of a shot! And only a second or two delay, what kind of ballistics does that gone have?

Just kidding, I know what you meant. Great buck and story, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
400 years away!? That's one hell of a shot! And only a second or two delay, what kind of ballistics does that gone have?

Just kidding, I know what you meant. Great buck and story, thanks for sharing.
He shoots a 7mm-08 24 inch barrel and it was factory ammo hornady superformance 139 grain sst sighted in 2 inches high at 100 yards. It would of been hand loads but I can't find any Winchester brass.It was about a 1 second delay just seems long watching the video . My son said a person could of dodge the bullet ,I told him it took long because the gun went off by us so we heard the sound faster it took a second for the bullet to get there i'll put the video up soon

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Sweet!! Congrats!!

·
Administrator
17,588 Posts
That is some shooting!
Congrats to you and your son.
<----<<<

1 - 15 of 15 Posts