Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife, ten year old, and I were out trolling this past saturday night. We caught our limit of sheephead. My wife was saying "I am so sick of catching these fish, why cant we catch some good eating fish" when all of a sudden I saw the port side planer board go for a ride directly behind the boat. I get the planer board reeled in and hand the rod to my son. He could not even hold the the rod by himself. I felt the fish headshaking so I was thinking great another sheephead. Then I heard my wife say "Wow did you see those teeth?" I still hadn't seen it to this point, but the thoughts of a pike or walleye entered into my mind. Sure enough I saw the tail as it was trying to dig its way back to the bottom of the lake. After about a five minute battle my wife netted my sons first walleye. It ended up being 30 inches and about 10 pounds.:yikes:

Shortly after we reset the fishing lines back out we hooked into another sheephead and my son's reply was "Dang why couldn't that have been a walleye. I like catching those." That statement was the best fathers day gift I could have received since I really enjoy targeting walleye.

[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
Congrats to you and your son!

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
wow, that's a heck of a way to break into the world of walleye fishing. very cool.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Congrats!!

You have mail.

·
Steelhead Addict
3,509 Posts
SWEEEET!!!!!

What an awesome fathers day. I bet those words were music to your ears.

Congrats.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
NICE FISH AND GOOD STORY!!! Glad you guys are out there spending time together. That's cool!!:coolgleam :coolgleam

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
awesome, that is totally awesome, good work dad!!!another fisherman hooked by that smile!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Thats great!! My son just turned 9 months old yesterday and I can't wait to be there for his firsts: Fish! Walleye!!! Deer!!!! etc.!!!!!

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
wow!!!!!!!!!, What A Fish...nice Going Young Man And The Memory Of That Fish Will Last A Life Time...

·
Registered
149 Posts
That is a great picture!

My parents still have the picture of me with my first fish hanging in the basement. 5 Years Old, BJ and the Bear Iron On Decal on my Tshirt, Cut off Shorts, knee high striped socks pulled all the way up... and a Cat that ate the Canary Grin from ear to ear.

Someday, your son will look back on that picture and remember everything about that fish and fishing with his pa!!!

Congratulations!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts