Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well guys I never thought it would happen, I thought it would be years before I was able to make a purchase. I just sealed the deal on 40 acres in Gratiot County. The property is 20 acres dry/wet swamp and 20 acres mature timber, thickets, and bedding areas swampy areas. My friend owns the 40 to the north, it boarders 160 acres of CDM land to the west and a 40 acres overgrown apple orchard to the east. I figured I may as well invest in something that will hold it's value.

Who knows maybe i'll post some pics of a nice buck this year.

Paul

·
Registered
533 Posts
Congrats, I wish I could make a purchase like that right now!

·
cold, dead hands ......
6,198 Posts
You'll never look back - there's no other feeling like it! Some smart guy once said ......

"No one's EVER going to tell me I can't hunt here!":)

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Congrats. What is CDM land ?

L & O

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
Congrats! Agreed, no better feeling! Just wait until that first sunrise while on stand on your own land, it's one you won't soon forget. Just try not to think about the fact that you're really renting from the gov't!;)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Congraduations..... I Bought 80 Acres 6 Years Ago, And I Still Remember The First Time I Went And Sat In My Own Blind On My Own Land....... And That First Year I Got A 145 Class 9 Point, I Will Never Forget That Day !!!!!!!!

Jeff

·
Registered
744 Posts
Your evil, evil I tell you!:evilsmile I suppose your going to put one of them food plots on it and take all the deer away from the rest of us. What gives you the right to buy land. I suppose you are going to give us some story on how your worked your a55 off to it get and all that.

Congrats, You'll love it. I know I love mine.

·
Registered
250 Posts
congrats!!!! just wait till you take your first deer off of YOUR PROPERTY!!!!!:):)

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
I think that great. congrats. It is certainly different going to your own property, not having to walk around others or to worry you might ruin someones hunt by going through a area.:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thats way cool,you'll love that area.
I've got 60 near Marion Springs. Once you get used to the
bango music,you'll feel right at home.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts