Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally! After passing on little bucks for MANY years,, this shows up in our tiny 10 acre woods to night. I had never seen anything this size in our woods the thirty years I have been hunting it. This year, the woods were tore up with rubs and scrapes like I have never seen before, and for all the sign, all I was seeing was little bucks, spikes and forks, one 1.5 year old 7 point. I even got to thinking how much venison I have been passing up over the years, waiting for one with handles. This morning I had seen where all the scrapes had been freshened up, so I knew he was still around. Well tonight was the payoff. I am happy!
8 (and a half) points. I roughed it out with a string and tape measure to 130. (maybe the string stretched a little LOL )
YES , it is tagged, on the right beam, the back side of the tag is showing.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Great buck! Kinda makes you forget about all the little guys you let walk eh?

Big T

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Congrats Man. It's a great feeling when you put the additional effort in to it.

·
Registered
12,882 Posts
Congrats. Your a young man, there's plenty of time for another wall hanger.:D

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I remember my first "big buck" and how it all felt worth it. I felt like I had went from brave to warrior in the hunting group. You got to love it when it all comes together. Keep working hard and I'm sure it will pay off Cograts!! that is a great buck

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
Very Nice!!!!.....know any good taxidermists that could mount him?:lol:..............Mack

·
Registered
926 Posts
Great job! Awesome buck!

I too have been holding off for 3 years now, as have 2 of my neighbors. Cumulatively we have 230 acres in a small co-op type thing. saw a nice 8 on nov 14th at 12:20 pm (lunch time).

Still waiting for my "nice one".

·
Registered
810 Posts
Sweet! Your patience commands respect, and it paid off handsomely!! Great buck:)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Whoo Hoo! Nice buck there Paul! Gonna see him in GR this spring perhaps???:D

Mike

1 - 20 of 20 Posts