Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many have a specific spot that they like better than others with our muzzleloaders. Well this year things changed a little bit for my favorite spot. The farmer that leases the land for crops, left the field at my favorite spot go this year. Reason unknown. Of course it grew up in weeds, some of them 5' tall.
No crops in the field surely means poor hunting. Now for a bedding area it may work, at least until the snow flies and everything settles.
Figured I'd try something, so off I went with the disc. Started at the edge of the woods and headed straight for the old large oak I like setting under. Around that old oak and back to the woods. Make a circle and back to the old oak. When finished, I ended up with a nice tilled up piece, 30' wide and 300yds long.
Thinking, hoping, etc. that we may get a little rain, it was planted directly after. Well no rain last night, but there's still hope.........

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
What did you plant in that area you disc???? Also my best spot where I see shooters every opener is a fallow field a long side a crop field.

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What did you plant in that area you disc???? Also my best spot where I see shooters every opener is a fallow field a long side a crop field.
I just use some purple top turnips I had left over after doing the orchard, so I used that. Something to do. If anything, I should have a great 300yd shooting lane in those weeds. :)

Reactions: Groundsize

·
Registered
36,059 Posts
My favorite late season spot is a food plot in heavy cover ver close to bedding. Sugar beets are a good late season plot.
12-6-13 -6*F
ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1439060802.249275.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My favorite late season spot is a food plot in heavy cover ver close to bedding. Sugar beets are a good late season plot.
12-6-13 -6*F
View attachment 186829
I've been think'n about try'n those one of these years myself. Looks like it worked great! :)

That you're muzz hotspot?

·
Registered
36,059 Posts
I've been think'n about try'n those one of these years myself. Looks like it worked great! :)

That you're muzz hotspot?
SW -NW wind hot spot. I'm sitting in camp right now counting muzzleloader season euro mounts. Seven 3-1/2 year olds and one 2-1/2 year old. I think 14 does have been taken here too. 3 out of this stand in 20 minutes all head shots.

·
Addicted2hunting4
907 Posts
Did someone say headshot? From my Johnson Ultimate....107 yards looking over turnips from my tower. Too many similarities in this post to not go down this path. I put turnips in, shot her in the head and for Encore...shot her with my Ultimate. ha ha.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did someone say headshot? From my Johnson Ultimate....107 yards looking over turnips from my tower. Too many similarities in this post to not go down this path. I put turnips in, shot her in the head and for Encore...shot her with my Ultimate. ha ha.
Chip shots aren't they :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts