Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I felt so giddy about the little snowmen wanting to pick the icewoman flowers and serve waffles in bed, I decided to tap into the little snowballs college fund and buy a new toy. Check out this state of the art, American made digital gem - The Raymarine C Series Radar - I get goosebumps just thinking about it. The boys at NASA are cursing their slide rules wishing they had access to this type of technological hardware. My 12 inch color screen tracks up to 10 boats at once, including their current gps position. That means that George Orwell was right ladies, Big Brother really is watching. Any unsuspecting stooge who's hot on the walleye better beware because unless they have a radar absorbing boat or have access to the Air Force's latest stealth technology the iceman has 'em zapped like a UP mosquito at a southern trailer park. I was sitting off of Hoyle's Marina enjoying a nice hot cup of java Sunday morning, and low and behold here they came - a pile of unsuspecting cretans just waiting to give the iceman their honey holes - like taking candy from a baby, you should see the way 18 feet of Lund aluminum shows up on my screen! The only problem is I've spent 2 days fishing "my" new numbers and most of them didn't produce squat. I guess I need to start homing in on some tourney contenders instead of the back markers of the world.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Man you scare me and you have a boat... With that new unit are you gonna try to take over the WORLD with it, sounds like you should stay at home and watch Star Wars..........:rant: :evil: :D :D ;)

WOW!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
What in the hell ???, ......are you OK ? :16suspect

·
Registered
978 Posts
It looks great, good luck with it!!!

Mark

Everybody needs a good toy!!!

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny post.

Looks like a GREAT toy! Hove you tried out the fishfinder portion yet? I am thinking about getting a Raymarine FF. I want something to really pick 'em up off the bottom.

Jim

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Iceman iceman this is your arch nemesis I have prepaired myself for just such an Event of this nature Being ex-special operations.I told you stealth is the secret my young appentice.I can be very stealth by air, land, or sea.The little Enigma I could never do that to,tap in to his fund that is why he's a red belt and will be a black belt before hes nine years old and will no longer be a appentices.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Icemancometh, as if there weren't enough snooping going on out on the bay. Why, nowadays it seems like every other boat has a mouth-breathing "binocular buzzard" neanderthal sitting in the stern doing nothing but watching everyone else to see where the fish are being caught. About three weeks ago we netted a fish and within a couple minutes no less than 3 other boats come blasting in and start fishing! I don't know which is worse, these guys, or you high tech laptop lugging CRT staring metrosexual chardonnay swiggers. I guess what I am saying is to kick back, relax, pop open another Zima, put on your favorite Kenny G track, get out a map, and find your own fish!

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ole Spike your obviously one of those "old school" fisherman - relying on maps, charts, bottom contours, pre-fishing, lunar schedules, bait migrations, hunches, etc. You amuse me with your neanderthal ways. Do you still get your movies in beta format and watch them on a RCA black & white while you're popping Orville Redenbacher over an open fire? As for me, I prefer heavy butter microwavable popcorn that's ready in 3 minutes while I'm spinning a surround sound dvd on my high definition flat screen - get with the times man, evolution is passing you by, don't be like the dodo bird, invest in some technology and cross Bill Clinton's bridge to the 21st Century. And when you finally do, you can help me track some lund's busting the walleye on my NASA style radar - my favorite 3 words in the English language - Global Positioning System. As for all you other old schoolers out there I'll be heading out of Hoyles tomorrow doing some surveillance out around the spark plug so be sure and wave to me as you're hitting your hotspots.............................Iceman Out

·
Registered
978 Posts
I 2 will be out there and Iceman I am not that hard to find, just look for the 25 ft Pro Line with the hardtop stick'n above the water, you will not need such a weapon to find me!!!

Good Luck all on Sat. will be out by 6:30 am!!!

Mark

·
Registered
137 Posts
Stealling spots, Tracking other boats? Sounds like you just need to stop looking at the screen and look at the rods. Went out fri kept 10 threw back 6 and 4 sheep. Went out sat kept 10 threwback 10 6 sheep three hours both trips. It doesn't matter where you go there are fish everywhere.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
LMAO! too funny, iceman u need help. guys you need to fool iceman,hook up some dead fish make it look like your catching and suck iceman into the dead sea he he.

·
Registered
428 Posts
iceman, if you are that bad of a fisherman why didn't you just save the money you spent on that new unit and just ask guys at the launch if you can follow them out. Just explain that you stink at fishing and need help, most guys will let you follow them when fishing is as easy as it is right now. You remind me of the guy that walks into the deer woods the day before opening day finds someones stand and then is sitting there opening day when they show. Shoot a nice buck and then brag about all the work you did scouting to find him. Get a life man. Just get out and have fun fishing, it is easy right now, my two year old can pick:dizzy: out pots on the bay to fish.

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
EYESON said:
You remind me of the guy that walks into the deer woods the day before opening day finds someones stand and then is sitting there opening day when they show. Shoot a nice buck and then brag about all the work you did scouting to find him.
The Day Before? I never plan ahead that much - what a waste of time - I just park down the street from Enigma's house the morning of and follow him. Hell I even had my morning coffee and chocolate covered Dunkin Donut sitting on the hood of his pickup while watching his flashlight bounce into the woods. Then I just wait for the crack of his rifle, circle around, look for a gut pile, and Wa La I've got my spot for a fine evening hunt. The only problem is all the damn coyotes moving in on those gut piles.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Iceman, Iceman, Iceman my 338-378 Weatherby Mag doe's not sound like a crack. You must be some where else.

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I guess you're right enigma, it must be the moonbeams and the glare from your Q-Beam spotlight that distort the sound in those pre dawn feeding hours you like to hunt. Why is it that you choose to deer hunt with an elephant gun anyway, that thing hurts my ears if I get too close to your spot. By the way how did those scrapes I made last year look anyway? Realistic?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Oh ya they looked great them scrapes.By the way to get to my spot you have to walk throw a mine field be sure to check the bottom of your boots thats why I use that gun for long range to many land mine close to the shack deer don't come in close.The ground might remine you of your fishing shanty lots of quads.Every time I go to the woods hunting I never use lights to go in to the woods.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts