Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scott G803 G Series Blank-2 Piece
Description: Scott G series two piece blanks have been discontinued and we are offering our remaining stock at Blow-Out prices! The crisp progressive actions of Scott's G Series Rods make for perfectly controlled casts, delicate in-close capability and exceptional accuracy. Every tip and butt section is flex tested and then perfectly matched for a precisely balanced rod. Blanks have an Unconditional Lifetime Warranty. Limited quantities!

8' 3WT
I am going to convert it into a spinning rod though......... my new bobber rod for trout :)

Last thursday i ordered a different rod, and recieved an email that they were out of stock.... but they would give me 15% off any other blank i chose. The orignal price on the rod was 260, they had it marked at 149, when i called today they said it was priced at 199 on their cpu.

He said he would check and make sure the online price was correct and i would get that price. Along with my 15% off for them not having my original choice in stock. And shipping was only 7 bucks. I wasn't planning on spending quite as much as i did, as my original choice was only around 90 dollars, but for the deal i got for an extra 50 bucks i couldn't turn it down. :)

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
That 'G' is one SWEET dry fly rod. It's right up there with the Sage LL and Winston IM-6.
If you put a sliding ring seat on it couldn't it double as a spin/fly rod? Just asking because it almost seems like sacrilege to restrict it to bait fishing.

·
Premium Member
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Jackster1
sacrilege to restrict it to bait fishing.
Alright, ill bite. What would you reccomend for guides then? If i plan on using it for both fly and spin how would i do the guides? I have no plans on building it myself, but i may have another member here do it for me. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
Dang good question. I know LamiGlas used to make a spin/fly combo and I think Orvis did too. I personally have never found the need to even look at them closely. Surely someone here knows what those companies used.
My spin/fly suggestion was merely kicking a thought out, the reason being is I've had a 4 wt. and use a 3 wt. 'G' regularly and they are at the top of their game when it comes to small stream trout work!
Best of luck in whatever you decide. You done good!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Sounds like a sweet rod! I'll have to check it out when you get it done, I've been thinking about having one tied up for the same purpose.

Mitch

·
Registered
710 Posts
I built a few combo rod and I put Fowl proof guides on the butt section and snake on the tip section then I just put a Fuji 16 mm reel seat on it which will hold a small spinning reel and a removable fighting butt that was a little longer than the normal fly rod fighting butt.

Good Luck
OSD.

·
Premium Member
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, i think i am going to just use it as a spinning rod. I am probably going to find the smallest reel i can though. The rod weighs less than 2 ounces. So something not too heavy to balance it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts