Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I waited for 26 months for her but I think its going to be worth it. After going through the last two duck seasons without a dog wondering what in the world I was doing waiting for a puppy for so long and considering getting one out of another litter I am glad I waited. She is just what I wanted. My only complaint is she is a bit independent at time but thats not really a complaint.

Here is she is at 8 weeks.

Still at 8 weeks steelhead fishing with me ;)

In the last few weeks we have been working hard to socialize her with people kids and adults. She has also meet 6 other dogs all went well and we have been careful to control what dogs she meets. She has also been learning sit, here, and no :lol:

Now at 10 weeks she has grown in confidence and size.

Fun bumpers in the hall are going well and she enjoys it. Long walks in the woods are teaching here a lot and she is learning to keep an eye on me or I might disappear behind some brush and she will have to hunt for me. ;)

Here is a picture of her yesterday with a bird. She REALLY likes birds.

Today she learned something else new. There are live birds in those woods. I planted a dizzied bird for her today. she chased it down with not to much of a problem and with a little tug on the check cord she brought it back. After that bird she is like a different dog. Looking around everywhere. Checking scent and hunting. She kept going back after I put the bird away and looking for it. Then going down wind and sniffing then back to look for the birds. :lol:

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Well done. You have a great looking pup there. I'd rather have an independent bitch than a needy one. I am sure she is well worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Nice post.

You gunna train her to Fetch Steelhead for ya ???

Your pumped up and rightly so, nice looking pup and sounds like you have a nice little training program laid out for you and her.

Your gunna have a nice gundog there...

Good luck to ya,

Rooster and the Gang

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Steelheadfred said:
Cool, nice looking Chessie, and a good name too!
:yeahthat:

Hey, haven't we heard that name "Bella" around here before?? :idea: :)

NB

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
Congrats and good luck!

We will be looking forward to hearing about his continued progress!

·
Registered
411 Posts
What a beautiful lil girl! Have fun!

I meant to post on here before we left for the weekend that there was what looked like to me, a purebred male Chessie in the Monroe County Animal Control. $45 to adopt, but you have to have them fixed within 30 days. He was pretty darn friendly, I sat with him in an anteroom visiting for 15 minutes or so. He wanted to play fetch so bad that he picked up my wallet off the bench and dropped it in my lap. Broke my heart, but I had to leave him there, hopefully he went to a good home, or will, if he's still there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts