Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And it was awesome! Oh man, you should have seen his excitement. He was shaking so hard, I thought the blind might come down. He was lucky enough for this buck to present a great quartering away shot at about 75 yards this morning @915. The .260 put the smackdown on him and dropped him in his tracks. He mustered the strength to get up and dive about 30 yards through the woods, and he expired quickly. To say the least we had quite the celebration in the blind. This buck was one of 2 shooters on 20 acres in Montcalm county, and I am glad I was able to share it with him. Can't wait to go through the forum and see the success of other youth hunters getting hooked on this lifestyle we all enjoy so much.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
I would never take that kid hunting again!!

Kidding of course. Wow! What a great deer for your nephew to tag...caj33 is right - he will definitely have bragging rights when he gets back to school Monday.

Congrats to your nephew (how old is he?)...and congrats to you as well for stepping up to the plate and setting him up.

·
Banned
6,739 Posts
In awe here. Great buck! Congrats to him and to you!

Reactions: WhitetailNWalleye

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Dang, Nice Buck, Congratulations !

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
Awesome job and something you both will never forget. Congratulations

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
And it was awesome! Oh man, you should have seen his excitement. He was shaking so hard, I thought the blind might come down. He was lucky enough for this buck to present a great quartering away shot at about 75 yards this morning @915. The .260 put the smackdown on him and dropped him in his tracks. He mustered the strength to get up and dive about 30 yards through the woods, and he expired quickly. To say the least we had quite the celebration in the blind. This buck was one of 2 shooters on 20 acres in Montcalm county, and I am glad I was able to share it with him. Can't wait to go through the forum and see the success of other youth hunters getting hooked on this lifestyle we all enjoy so much.
And it was awesome!

Nice!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys, Aj is 9 years old and this is his second year hunting. His father introduced him to shooting at a very young age, and he is a pretty darn good shot. He has logged quite a few hours on stand with his dad, and is turning into quite the little hunter. I was just lucky enough to be able to share the experience with him this morning. I made sure that he knew that bucks like this don't come along every day. He doesnt seem to mind the wait though, so hopefully there will be another in his future.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts