Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
Those are big fawns compared to the two I have seen up this was. The one little fawn going after the buck is funny. He probably doesn't want to get mistaken for mama by a hungry fawn.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think its him, my neighbor wounded a buck last couple days of gun season I been watching and was getting daily pics of for 2 yrs. Neighbor told me theres a blood trail going into my yard, so I got on the phone and found the shooter. Long story short I kicked him up in my yard bedding area and he ran through the yard 10 yds from the hot tub too never be seen again. I assumed he shot him in the front leg since I was seeing bone fragments in the blood trail, well I think this might be him. Needless to say I was shocked to see the pics.

Him last yr.

He might be back, he definitely liked my place.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
They sometimes have an amazing will to live, good stuff and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those are big fawns compared to the two I have seen up this was. The one little fawn going after the buck is funny. He probably doesn't want to get mistaken for mama by a hungry fawn.
For such a hard winter I must say they look very healthy.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good looking clover plot! Hard to believe that buck didn't bleed out losing that much of his rear leg!!
Crazy considering he was leaving a good blood trail 2 days after he was shot. The pics are from 3 different clover plots and have 2 more and an alfalfa plot.

·
Michigan Sportsman
684 Posts
Looks like a nice little sanctuary you have there :) If for some reason you can't make it there opening morning I will make myself available :D
Great pics..

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks like a nice little sanctuary you have there :) If for some reason you can't make it there opening morning I will make myself available :D
Great pics..
My 15 yr old daughter is an only child and doesn't share very well, sorry but thanks.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Awesome pics! Wish I had a property like that.
I made that property a whitetail haven, took me 10yrs. Took me 3 yrs of cutting wood and hauling it out to make 5 of the 6 plots. 10 cord per plot, not face cord, real cord. A lot of sweat and hard work went into making what it is today. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Last thursday check, 7 days and 2100 pics.I think his home range maybe a little smaller this yr. Never got so many pics of him until september. Going to be a pretty wild rack I think.

Gotta have a fawn pic.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts