Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's not even October yet and I can't stop thinking about going to MO in November. This will be my 3rd year down there and I'm finally getting on board with the bike idea. Some of the spots can be a very long walk if not accessible by water. A couple of the guys have brought bikes and I have to admit I was jealous. One of my friends decked his out with a bow holder on the handle bars and a rack in the back made out of the base of a cheap tree stand. Pretty nice ride. I didn't go that far with mine (yet), but I did personalize it a little...

MossyOak BreakUp...now that's ride'n in style:lol: I'm gonna own those levys...November can't get here soon enough:D

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
I hear ya....sorta sad when you're excited to leave the State for some real deer hunting isn't it?:lol::rant:

I'm headed out-of-State on October 10th with two guys from these boards that don't have any experience outside of MI....BOY DO THEY HAVE A RUDE AWAKENING!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
We went to MO last year and brought the bikes. Had levy rides up to about 4 or 5 miles...it was a blast riding the deer out of the woods that far. What a hoot!

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Nice looking bike!

I'd like to get an idea for a bow holder on a bike. Got any picks? I will probably use my bike again this year. I used it several times last year and it worked out great. Saved me lots of time.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Way to "pimp" the bike! We used em in the Shiawassee hunt, tried to use mine in the U.P. but it was more work than walking.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice looking bike!

I'd like to get an idea for a bow holder on a bike. Got any picks? I will probably use my bike again this year. I used it several times last year and it worked out great. Saved me lots of time.

I don't have any pics, but all he used was a set of gun/bow holders for a quad...they'll mount right on the handle bars...

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
BTW, I'm tricking out my bike too. I'm buying some ATV gun racks for the handle bars. I just bought a good flashlight for a headlight and now I'm looking into flashlight holders. I have a good ride ahead of me.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTW, I'm tricking out my bike too. I'm buying some ATV gun racks for the handle bars. I just bought a good flashlight for a headlight and now I'm looking into flashlight holders. I have a good ride ahead of me.

Nice...definately a good project to pass time till season starts. It's not exspensive either. That bike I have only set me back $100 at Meijer...it's a Mongoose with front and rear shocks which is useful on those bumpy levys. My buddy picked his up at Wal Mart for $50 down in MO 2 years ago but it doesn't have the rear shocks which I think is going to be the key for a smooth ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts