Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday morning was a bust. Made the mistake of sitting in a stand in 30 mile per hour winds and torrential down poor. Did not see any deer and was very cold and wet. On our way in we got the cards from the trail cameras. Went back and looked at them one camera had 34 videos all of one young buck that stoo in front of that camera eating corn and carrots for 3 hours straight!! He ended taking all the memory up on the card and these videos were all taken on 9/13. Next camera had 500 pictures will several nice mature bucks. So we headed to that spot for the night sit and at about 7pm I saw the first deer come out. 2 spike horns I was thinking about shooting but they were 180 yards away and i wasn't not comfortable shooting that far. A few minutes later a doe and fawn come out at about 20 yards and started eating under one of our apple trees , a few minutes later as I am watching the does I hear my dad say buck and he was coming right down the road 20 yards away. At this point I still had the scope on 9 power and he was so close to me j didn't have time to turn it down, but that didn't matter because I made a perfect heart shot on a decent 8 point and he didn't go but 50 yards and we watched him go down. This was the buck that took up all the space on our camera and we did not get any pictures of him since 9/13 and that was the first time seeing the buck. My dad also got it on video which was very cool. This was my 6th deer and my biggest buck. I couldn't be anymore happy it was a great last youth hunt and great memories with dad.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

·
Registered
14,982 Posts
Great job. Sounds like that buck was skirting your camera, didn't work for the gun. Many more regular season ahead for you. Congrats

·
Registered
26,598 Posts
Congrats !!!!

·
Administrator
17,588 Posts
Nice job! Congrats on a fine history of youth hunts..
<----<<<

·
Registered
476 Posts
Great job!

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Congrats! And I guess I'm not the youngest member on this site lol.

·
Registered
18,931 Posts
Congrats!
Good to read that you have a solid foundation going forward.
Well done team.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts