Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i conned casscityalum into going up north with me to help split gas and help me with my tree stands, was hoping to get out and do some fishing or something fun but no such luck... work work work.... so i will definitely owe him...

THANKS BUDDY!!!

we got two stands up and preped a few others for climbers and hang ons.... im really confident at both locations now... the cool thing is... I HAVE BEARS WORKING BOTH OF MY BAITS... finally.... they totaly ate everything at one bait site and somehow got the bait barrel off the tree ( it was nailed to the tree and had a ratchet strap keeping it in.... anyway here is some pics... ill try to upload the others in a bit....
here is the first bear that came to the bait...

another bear or same bear?

this one looks like a goody!!

hey who is that?

holy heck im getting out of here :yikes:
a big one... might even be a sow?

i would hate to shoot a sow but would hate to pass this thing up... can anyone clarify?... looks huge!

then i got some non target critters....
a couple prokys

and i love this pic!!! i didnt even know we had coons around here... never see them or see tracks!! shows you how strong my donuts are haha
what a poser

and here is pics of the other bait site... 1 tree stand set and the other tree you can see i took m y climber and did some trimming for 2 climbers to go in... in case of wind switching on me....

and stand 2 (spot)

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hmmm not real happy just tried getting the pics off the disk that i got from miejer and it says their isnt any pics on it... at least from this computer.. ill try another before i cut them down too bad... but man i wanted to post them here... stay tuned for more photos from the other bait site!!!

·
Banned
189 Posts
looking great bro, hope you get the big one, I'd say its a boar because of no cubs and their usaully the first thing in, but the size of it to, and that low belly, I'd say boar all the way:)

·
Registered
9,594 Posts
I'd say one of your 'coons is a porkie.

Judging by the size of their ears in some of the pics, those are big ones.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Those are some good pics. I'd like to make it up this weekend with you, but I can't leave till saturday around noon. Also, you really stink for not fishing.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those are some good pics. I'd like to make it up this weekend with you, but I can't leave till saturday around noon. Also, you really stink for not fishing.

well i get out at 2 on friday so i was thinking about running up quick friday, baiting saturday am and then heading to mackinac island saturday and home saturday night.... so just a quick trip... ill be back up that next weekend for a whole week... why dont you come up then? you can go up the 6th with us or the 5th or something.... because im staying from the 6th-14th... and i think dad is too...hope so... need someone to video....

dude we have big bears back there... no wonder you stick to fishing... sissy:lol:

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts
it was fun and nice to get away before classes started so id go again in a heart beat if i could go...anyways yea u do owe me and wish we would have gone fishing but someone had to sleep in late two days in a row:(;)

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hahahaha yeah right... you slept in the 1st day... i slept in the 2nd day... just shows you who worked harder... i slept in the day after all the work:lol: what was your excuse:D

·
Premium Member
5,394 Posts
ha..i didnt sleep at all..i just slept my normal schedule...anyways i did all the labor and gopher work so i dont know wut ure talking about;)

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Nice pics and deinitly a great bear. If the weather cooperates, this is going to be a great season..... I think.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts