Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished from 11:30 until 5:15 from just above Center street bridge down to the last turnaround. 3 guys and 8 fish for that amount of time on the water. Best spot was just upstream from the turnaround and just up from Center. Lots of dinks in the deep water turnaround. We did not try any edges near the deep water. Best color jig was fire red or orange with minnow, blue ice or black ice again. Green and/or Chartreuse stunk it up. There is no evidence of minnows in any of our fish.

River report - current is now very fishable. Visibility was 2 feet or more by the end of the day. All 3 docks are still in at Rust. Now the caution if your coming from very far away. Ice is just starting to form when we left By tomorrow morning - you will be pushing ice around - you might catch a break if the wind hits predicted speeds as it pushes all the ice to the east side of the river. If I were going tomorrow - I would head to Bay City - there will be less chance of icing. Good luck to all that head out - I need a break from fishing in the frigging cold. I am still shivering as I type this.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Thanks for the report Craig. We came across the Zilwaukee bridge this afternoon and didn't see any boats.....I figured that was a sign that the fat lady was starting to sing!

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
Just Checking to see if you guys have thawed out yet from yesterday's outing Lol. Good job on the fish Craig in some really tough conditions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts