Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for the last time. I wasn't really excited to go but then I arrived at my bud's house at 5:30 and started to get the blood going. Beautiful day. Lots of Mergnsers, Goldeneye and RedHeads. Of coure we were not after them.

Sunrise over the dekes.

We got what we came for. Three came and three stayed. Dinner for tomorrow.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Great job! Thinking I am gonna go tommorow for the last hurrah. How's that pup doing?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
goosebustr79 said:
Great job! Thinking I am gonna go tommorow for the last hurrah. How's that pup doing?
Pup's doing great. Here he is hanging out with the old man

Good luck tomorrow!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Wife want's to know his name? He came from a good line. Sorry off subject!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My eight year old named him Jumper. And he is a bundle. Keeps me jumping. When his dad (Chopper) crawled in my lap it was a done deal!

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Hey ! Way to go stace.......:) :) ......Whoa ! You got a new pup ??
Sweeeeet ! How about some pics ?.......Love the color, I'm all about them black ones......:)

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Stacemo,
That isn't Tawas Point in the background is it? Can't be or you'd be hunting at the river mouth by the old convention center. But it sure looks like a similar sunrise.

·
Registered
11,738 Posts
that looks like east side to me...i would even venture to say it looks like the view of FP from pitchers reef. :) but then again, that sunrise is backwards for it. hehe.

·
Premium Member
5,662 Posts

I think Shia is on to something.

I've had this photo sent to the WSI lab (waterfowl scene investigation)

notice that most of the rocks are more square with straight edges vs. rounded.

the angle of light refracting off the rock surface, so I know what time it was taken and couple that with the waterlevel and the appearance of the unique moss growth (greengrowthous eirious)

there's only one place north of the Ohio border that all three exist in the same place....

case solved!! :p :lol:

:dizzy: :dizzy:

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Shiawassee_Kid said:
...but then again, that sunrise is backwards for it. hehe.
That's why I was thinking west side of the bay by the direction of the sunrise, and if I recall, Stacemo spends a bit of time in the Tawas area :confused: That's why I was thinking Tawas Pt. But it could be farther down though, like around Pt. Lookout or Pt. AuGres. And Branta's right that those rocks don't just pop up anywhere....couldn't be LSC because I've never seen rocks like that out around the flats...Hmmm No response from Stacemo, so he must not want to spill it. :lol:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Guys. Tawas was closed to goose hunting last Sat. And I cannot remember, was that really a sunrise or sunset? :lol: :evil:

Honestly I would love to post more pics of this day but then half of MI would know our secret spot. There are a few that will recognize it. But I know they will keep quiet because they love to hunt there too.

Just to give you an example, we met a local at the launch (my bud is a local). He asked where we were going after he told us that he had been shooting them up at Chrysler. We said we were going to GM. He said I am going to GM too. He never showed. He new we could beat him to Chrysler. And and at GM we heard him shooting up at Chrysler at dawn. We knew Chrysler was a night roost but we wanted the day roost.

This was my first time popping a goose out of a layout blind and it was great!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just ducky said:
Hmmm No response from Stacemo, so he must not want to spill it. :lol:
Sorry I was too busy roasting two of thoose geese for my parents hunting buddy and family. Mighty tasty. I know if you guys tried some of my roast goose I might turn you in to pluckers :lol: Only took me 2 hrs to do three geese. Also took two hours to roast 2 of them. Boy were they good. Wild game seems to be the only food my Dad will eat except for Haagendaz Bars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
that pup is looking good must have come from a pretty descent breeder who still has one left thats looking real birdy:lol: anyhow drop me a line if you have any questions or if you know anyone whos interested.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Just to give you an example, we met a local at the launch (my bud is a local). He asked where we were going after he told us that he had been shooting them up at Chrysler. We said we were going to GM. He said I am going to GM too. He never showed. He new we could beat him to Chrysler. And and at GM we heard him shooting up at Chrysler at dawn. We knew Chrysler was a night roost but we wanted the day roost.
Stacemo,

:lol: :lol: I have to say that island you guys were hunting is a good spot just like Chrysler.

(I have a good guess where you were hunting. Should I PM you?)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SabikiRig said:
Stacemo,

:lol: :lol: I have to say that island you guys were hunting is a good spot just like Chrysler.

(I have a good guess where you were hunting. Should I PM you?)
You can PM me. If you know the area even the shot of the ground would give it away.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts