Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out Thursday for the first time. Didn't hit the woods until Noon started by walking and calling, saw about a dozen hens but NO Toms. Finally around 5:30 sat on the edge of a field. At 6 pm looked over see a hen and in front of her is a TOM. He was about 60 yards out tried calling him back, he wanted nothing to do with it and kept walking. So now I am little Flustered assumed I blew my chance today. About 6:30 this guy steps out of the field directly across from me about 100 yards. He is feeding and working his way at me. I let him get to about 45 yards and it was over. My first bird in Six years, I am very pleased.

He has about a 9 1/2 beard and 3/4 inch spurs. I did not weigh him but assume he is around 20 lbs.

·
Premium Member
7,878 Posts
First bird in six years,thats awesome.Good for you OTIS.

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
Congrats!

You could have at least tried to smile and look happy in the picture!!!!;):D

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys

Congrats!

You could have at least tried to smile and look happy in the picture!!!!
LOL Yeah you can tell I am having a bad day. I have to be honest it was just as fun as my first deer kill, I did not think it would be such a rush to connect.

Just a heads up, but if he's walking in, let him keep comming. He'll walk right up to you.
Thanks for the tip I will attempt to be more patient, but it is hard to wait when he seemed uneasy and I was starting to get Turkey fever. :lol:

Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts