Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1385695161.220999.jpg
I shot this boy on wednesday on state land in waterloo rec area with my CVA Optima 50 cal. He came running from behind me into the wind i had to pull fast on him so i got his body in my crosshairs and let it rip! Last thing I saw before that smoke cloud was him doing somersaults. When i got to him i wasnt sure where he was hit, i rolled him over and couldnt find any holes but there was blood coming from around his ears. Square in the back of his head was the entry! I could not believe it Im still in disbelief that how close i was to missing that shot! Oh, and he is missing an antler on one side so i guess he woul be a four point. I know it aint the most impressive deer but i just felt like sharing my story because i am 31 and its my first buck. Been hunting state land since i was young and i know how frustrating it can get.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Attachments

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Hey! Be proud of that buck! My first buck was a scrubby 5 point I was real proud in fact I will bet most guys on this site started their hunting career shooting a young buck or doe. Great job... The addiction begins! Lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey! Be proud of that buck! My first buck was a scrubby 5 point I was real proud in fact I will bet most guys on this site started their hunting career shooting a young buck or doe. Great job... The addiction begins! Lol
Thanks, i hunt for the venison anyways im very proud of this i worked hard and was prepared for that moment!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Conrats on your 1st buck and hope there's plenty more for you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts